How hard is it to book, at the 7 month mark

Dopey Sharon

Proud Mimi of our first grandchild, Lily
My home is BCV. I'm starting to think about future trips and I have a couple of questions.

1. How is the weather, at Hilton Head, in May? Also, is this a crowded time to go? I would need a 1BR.

2. I'm thinking of staying at OKW, in early December, next year. I will need a two bedroom. Are the 2BR units hard to get at the seven month mark? Would it be smarter to transfer the points I would need, for this stay, to a friend who has OKW as their home, and have her make the reservation at the 11 month mark?

TIA!:D

I have the same question about booking at VWL at the 7-month mark. How hard will it be to get a studio for May at 7 months out?

Can't really help much with the HH question - no personal experience there.:( I do know that May is not as hard to book as the peak summer season and that there are more 2 bedroom units than there are studios and 1 bedroom units.

mathmagic - May is not a particularly busy time for the WDW DVC resorts. I doubt you will have a problem getting your VWL studio at 7 months.

Dopey Sharon - I think you have a very good chance of getting a 2 bedroom at OKW for early December at the 7 month mark. Even though early December is a busy time for DVC, there are many 2 bedroom units at OKW (relative to the numbr of studios and 1 bedrooms) and the resort is quite a bit larger than BCV. You may have to waitlist for some of the days. I would advise you to make a back up reservation at your home resort and then see what happens at 7 months. To be absolutely sure of getting your first choice with one call, yes, have your OKW friend make the reservation for you before the 7 month window opens. I assume you know enough about the transfer rules to make that as painless as possible for your friend.

Best wishes -

We'd like to try Vero next July. Do we have a shot at a 2BR at 7 mo window? Is it better to try for a 1 br and studio?

I think it would be easier to get a 2-bedroom - but July is a popular beach month - you can try or trade points with a VB owner.

the inn rooms are the most popular - they have a guaranteed (or not your choice) view of the ocean - the villa do not.

Our home resort is OKW and we called at 7 months out to book a standard view at BWV. They didnt have any so we booked OKW and waitlisted the standard and it wasnt very long before we rec'd a call that a 2 bdrm had opened up so we then switched our ressie to BWV. This was for a stay during June so I think there is hope for the summer months.

The short answer is it is getting harder to book at 7 months and will continue this way through development of SSR. Given the ultimate size of SSR, we will see lots of folks booking day by day at 7 months as they compete with other SSR/OKW/off-site owners for BWV/BCV and VWL reservations. In my view this will push SSR resales into prices comperable with EPCOT resorts without regard for the extra years (for a while anyway). The good news is that if you travel last minute you will have a better chance of getting a room (likely SSR/OKW).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!