How good are the Osborne Lights?

newdeal

DIS Veteran
So I have been to Disney many many many times, but I have never been over the holidays. I have wanted to the past few years to book a trip in December in order to see the Osborne lights but I never have done so. With this being the last year of the lights I really feel like I need to book a trip between christmas and new years (oh the crowds) specifically to see them before they go away forever. Are the lights really that spectacular or is it something that is more hype and doesn't really deliver

Well, there was a recent post from someone who just saw them for the first time and thought they were tacky, but most people love them. Why not look for a YouTube video and decide for yourself?

They are very cool.

And very crowded.

Nobody here can say whether the crowd factor will diminish the cool factor for you.

We went for the first time a couple of years ago. It is A LOT of lights. Every once in awhile, they play music and the lights are synchronized. I also remember snow flurries??

It does get crowded but we kind of just slowly walked around and since you're basically just looking up the crowds didn't bother me. I would go if you have never been there.

We saw them Thursday night and I could have stood there for hours. So cool! We went during Fantasmic so the crowds weren't bad at all. After Christmas might be a different story, though.

I absolutely LOVE the lights! I could stay for hours to enjoy the music and dancing lights. We were there twice this past week, and yes, it is crowded, but the later you stay, the less crowded it becomes. I'm not a fan of crowds, but I have no problem here. Keep an eye out for the flash-mobs! They are fun!

I had seen them 3 or 4 times previously, but this year we happened to get there right before the actual lighting time...I have to say that the initial turn-on is pretty darn awesome. Walking through (or running like the Wine and Dine) when they are already on is really nice, but watching them all go on at once was something special.

I saw them for the first time this past Thursday and absolutely loved them! In my opinion, they are worth seeing at least once.

They were really nice but sooo crowded. I felt as if we missed so much because we were pushed through the streets by people.

We went Wednesday night and were there for the lighting around 6:00 which was neat in addition to the light show. After an hour or so, the crowd greatly diminished. It is very festive, and we love it! We usually sit on the curb at the intersection so we can see both streets. If you like Christmas lights, it's a lot of fun. This was only our second time seeing the lights, and I wish it wasn't the last year.

So I have been to Disney many many many times, but I have never been over the holidays. I have wanted to the past few years to book a trip in December in order to see the Osborne lights but I never have done so. With this being the last year of the lights I really feel like I need to book a trip between christmas and new years (oh the crowds) specifically to see them before they go away forever. Are the lights really that spectacular or is it something that is more hype and doesn't really deliver

I've seen them 3 or 4 times and despite the fact that I live in the UK I am seriously considering a last minute trip to see them one last time.....!

I guess that means that I think they are spectacular...!

We just saw them for the first time. Been to WDW during the holidays many times but never stayed that late in the day at HS to see them. Finally made it a priority. They were pretty cool. And crowded. Glad I saw them once, but if they were sticking around I wouldn't feel the need to see them again...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter