How full will our cruise be?

chimo2u

DIS Veteran
I'm booked on the Fantasy Oct 31 sailing. I was wondering if there's a way to know how full our sailing is? Hopefully it won't be too busy, but being a Halloween on the high seas sailing you never know!

We were on the fantasy 2x when it was "full" and the ship is so big that we really didn't notice any overcrowding. OF course we are 2 adults so we didn't have to deal with any childrens issues, etc

NOt sure how much halloween stuff will be going on since Halloween is OCT 31 and for most of the cruise halloween will be over.

Did learn that Fine Whines will be on this cruise!!!!!!

Full? But it can only be so full. It's made to have a certain capacity so there's only so much wiggle room. It would be unusual for a cruise to be soooooo undersold it would be significantly impactful ( I am not sure if those two words are even words ). Anywho, not a specific answer but there are more "crowds" on the larger ships. Fewer "kids" on longer, off season itineraries generally? I think a Halloween cruise will be "full". :cutie:

DCL tries to fill all their staterooms on every cruise. Sometimes they offer discounted rates after the paid in full date so they can fill more rooms. When we cruised on the Fantasy over Halloween, the ship was very full with lots of kids.

We were on the fantasy 2x when it was "full" and the ship is so big that we really didn't notice any overcrowding. OF course we are 2 adults so we didn't have to deal with any childrens issues, etc

NOt sure how much halloween stuff will be going on since Halloween is OCT 31 and for most of the cruise halloween will be over.

Did learn that Fine Whines will be on this cruise!!!!!!
We're only 2 adults too! ☺️ I hope the people soup situation isn't too bad on the ship as I do enjoy a cool down in a pool! Would hate to be shoulder to shoulder with people though!

Do the percentages listed on the site represent how full or how empty the sailing is? Either way, it doesn't make allot of sense. Look at the 4 night sailings on the Dream - the percentages range from 6% to 83% in the remaining 2105 cruises. How can that be right?

Do the percentages listed on the site represent how full or how empty the sailing is? Either way, it doesn't make allot of sense. Look at the 4 night sailings on the Dream - the percentages range from 6% to 83% in the remaining 2105 cruises. How can that be right?

The percentage is for the available cabin categories only and not for the total occupancy so it is difficult to know how full the ship is.

The percentage is for the available cabin categories only and not for the total occupancy so it is difficult to know how full the ship is.
Makes more sense now.

We're only 2 adults too! ☺️ I hope the people soup situation isn't too bad on the ship as I do enjoy a cool down in a pool! Would hate to be shoulder to shoulder with people though!

You can go in the adult only pool, never very crowded.

So the crossed out numbers mean that category is filled - yes? and the Red numbers mean ... that that levels has that many rooms and they're almost full ???
I think the red numbers signifies a price increase in that category. If you go to cruisefish and hover over the red numbers, it will give you a list of reported dates and price increases on those dates for that given category.

You can go in the adult only pool, never very crowded.

Agree. Now you can't do laps in it but it's never been shoulder to shoulder. In fact, on Port days it's pretty empty.

As for the main pools--once you see how crowded they can be you wouldn't even want to get in!!!

Agree. Now you can't do laps in it but it's never been shoulder to shoulder. In fact, on Port days it's pretty empty.

As for the main pools--once you see how crowded they can be you wouldn't even want to get in!!!

Totally agree about port days & the main pools :scared1:. However we've found that on Sea days the pool & the hot tub at Quiet Cove can get pretty crowded in the late morning & afternoon. The pool bar can be quite a people magnet. :drinking:

Just since yesterday when I posted last, the Cruisefish listing for the 4 night DCL on 8/31/15 went from 6% to 16%. When I look at the specific information on the 8/31 cruise, there are 31 categories listed and all but 5 categories are greyed out. 5 divided by 31 = .16 or 16%. This confirms Annabelle's reply that the percentage is by category. So for that cruise, 84% of the room categories are taken. However, that doesn't translate into total number of cruisers. As Ravenne said, when you hover over the cells in the dollar column, you see when the room was originally offered and how many times it went up in price and the difference in price between then and now. Pretty interesting.

Green numbers --> price has gone down
Red numbers --> price has gone up
Grey and striked --> that category is no longer available

As said, if you hover with your mouse over the price cells, it will show you a list of the price history.
You can get a feel of how full the ship is by looking at the available categories but it is not accurate enough as it does not tell you how many rooms are available within each category.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter