How Full is Cruise?

The Kagers

Earning My Ears
Is there any way to tell how "full" a ship is booked? We are on the 1/11 4 day Wonder cruise and I get the feeling it is going to be VERY uncrowded. There are only 4 groups listed on the unofficial cruise list (http://www.casshew.com/cruisebydate.htm), and hardly anyone has replied to messages about that cruise. Not that I'm complaining....but I think our kids would look forward to having diversions from their own brothers and sisters...

I agree with you, I think it's going to be relatively empty. We've tried to get a thread started in the Cruise Meet forum with not a lot of luck. Oh well, more konk coolers for us and we don't have to worry about not getting the Palo ressies we want, right?

You have a big group, right? Maybe you'll be 50% of the passengers all by yourselves! I don't remember the ages of your kids from your previous posts but two of the people who replied to the Cruise Meet thread had kids. 9ish I think. If you pop over there and try to find the thread maybe you can hook up with them. I would help you out if I could but it's just me and my boyfriend cruising.

They will tell you at the port when you board what the passenger count is on the ship. Another way to get a good idea is to look at the cost for the ship...if it is really empty, DCL starts making major price reductions.

Just a thought....we were on one cruise where they told us that 1/2 of the reservations had been made within 2 weeks of sailing...and they will accept reservations up to the day before sailing. So, today's cound may not be anywhere close to the final count.

did a quick check and there seems to be at least 45 cabins
in all different cats.....

You said you did a quick check and saw at least 45 cabins. Where did you find this info? I would like to keep an eye on the load for our February 21 Eastern cruise. Thanks!

feiste!

Come join our Feb. 21st thread here!

:)

That is the last page of it... there's quite a lot, if you get time to go through it. :) Come join the party!!

-gina-

I'm not sure how to find out exactly how many cabins there are but I checked the official Disney Cruise site last night and went through it like I was booking the Jan 11 trip and it only offered me four cabin categories, 4, 5, 6 & 7 I believe. What category are you in? Maybe you'll get an upgrade because don't they like to push people to the lower categories to free up the less expensive ones? We're in category 7 already so I don't know that they'd upgrade us.

I would like to say Category 1...but we have connected category 6 rooms on deck 6. I wouldn't turn down connected cat. 4 rooms!!

We're on deck 6 too, 6638, are you nearby? Since it seems like so few people on board maybe we have the whole deck to ourselves!

Actually, I checked the deck plans...we are more toward the front: 6544/6546, between the forward and midship elevators. But, still close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter