How frequently does Disney send pins?

vinotinto

Just Keep Swimming
I signed up for specials and booked my first Disney vacation only 1 month ago, got back this weekend, and today I received a pin for the same promotion many of you are getting (30% at value, 35% at moderate, 40% at deluxe until June). Since we just got back, I wasn't planning a return trip until Fall 2010 or winter 2011. If I just received this pin, what are the chances I will be able to receive a pin for later 2010 or even 2011?

that's so funny - I have the same question! I recd my first PIN for 40% in Feb 09 & used it for a trip at the GF in Sept 09 - I've only been back for 3 weeks. Yesterday I recd another PIN code for various dates starting In Jan 10 & ending in June 10. I had not planned on returning in 2010 but now I'm afraid that if I don't take advantage of this latest PIN offer my name & email will fall off of the "magic list" and I won't receive one ever again!

I asked for a planning VHS tape over 10 yrs ago. I continued to get the PIN postcards in the mail until I finally booked my trip this past year. I since then signed up for the planning DVD (figured it wouldn't hurt to see what's NEW on it) and I got a PIN the other day as well.

It seems most people continue to get them off and on. I'm sure this first one you received since returning is very much a tease, to see if you will take the bait again and book for the spring... especially since you are still on a Disney High (or low, if you are depressed since coming home) from your trip.

Even if you don't get a PIN in 2011 when you want to return, there's a good chance there will be a discount. Check out the history of discounts (many of them for the general public) at mousesavers... http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html

I asked for a planning VHS tape over 10 yrs ago. I continued to get the PIN postcards in the mail until I finally booked my trip this past year. I since then signed up for the planning DVD (figured it wouldn't hurt to see what's NEW on it) and I got a PIN the other day as well.

It seems most people continue to get them off and on. I'm sure this first one you received since returning is very much a tease, to see if you will take the bait again and book for the spring... especially since you are still on a Disney High (or low, if you are depressed since coming home) from your trip.

Even if you don't get a PIN in 2011 when you want to return, there's a good chance there will be a discount. Check out the history of discounts (many of them for the general public) at mousesavers... http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html

Thanks! That's helpful. So they send one at least once per year? I haven't received a PIN in the mail, just email...

probably not - but you never know. I finally got a code after we returned from WDW last Oct of course we couldn't go again right away b.c I found out I was expecting on our last trip and I would either be almost due or have a newborn at home in the timeframe allowed. Needless to say I haven't gotten another code. Unfortunately my father received a code to my email and I called as people here suggested and there was no way to use the code - even though we are moving and will be living at their address for a week or two so the address will at one point match.

I hope we get the code b.c unless the 4 for 7 or the 40% off code come our way we might have to cancel this trip.

I bet I have gotten ten this year. Even one with DCL that was a big saver if I was planning a cruise, which I am not.

^^^ You've received a DCL PIN? Wow! I've never heard of that before! We received our very first PIN code ever for the value resort- adults for $556, but couldn't take advantage of it because the dates simply won't work for us. We can only travel during the last week of June into the first week of July. I don't know if Disney sends PIN for those dates. My husband and I are considering another DCL for next year during that time. It would be nice if we could combine a park stay around the cruise too. Would love, love, love to get a PIN for the 5-Night Bahamian Cruise being offered in 2010. Please send me some pixie dust! :wizard::tink:

I have gotten a total of three postcards and about 9 emails in three years. I have taken two trips and am holding a third waiting to see if BIL can get the days off work. I get an email at least twice a year. My last postcard offer was over a year ago. I think Disney Destinations markets more through email these days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter