How frequent are promotions

Oofies

Mouseketeer
How frequent are the referral promotions? I HATE to miss a great deal. We are planning on buying into DVC but we were not planning to until later this year or next. How often to promotions like the $15 referral come around?

Thanks!

DVC has put on lots of specials over the years - if the time is right buy it if you would be more confortable waiting then wait - but prices have never gone down and do go up all the time - We bought our first points in 1998 for $72 (today thats a great deal - but then some friends were shocked at what we paid - they bought in before OKW opened)

Timing is the key do it as soon as possible - but not before your ready

Relax have fun & enjoy - that what DVC is alll about

How frequent are the referral promotions? I HATE to miss a great deal. We are planning on buying into DVC but we were not planning to until later this year or next. How often to promotions like the $15 referral come around?

Thanks!

We bought under the same promotion last year after sitting on the fence. It was the push we needed. At that time a lot of people didn't think a better offer would come down the pike but they are doing the same promotion albeit a few dollars more. However since SSR is close to selling out and they are moving on to AKV I would think this may be the best promotion the'yll offer for a while. I don't think they are going to need to offer such huge incentives to sell AKV. Now mind you this is just my opinion.

We bought under the same promotion last year after sitting on the fence. It was the push we needed. At that time a lot of people didn't think a better offer would come down the pike but they are doing the same promotion albeit a few dollars more. However since SSR is close to selling out and they are moving on to AKV I would think this may be the best promotion the'yll offer for a while. I don't think they are going to need to offer such huge incentives to sell AKV. Now mind you this is just my opinion.

I agree - SSR is large OK Very Large the largest ever so selling it out was an opertunity for DVC to increase membership and prove its self to the Disney Corporation so lots of deals - VAK will be much smaller - at least in the first years - plus how much can the build around the animals without changing the area and becoming less atractive

As SSR sold they had room to grow - when VAK starts selling I think the prices will be higher as well as the points/night etc - We have started to see that with DisneyLand now that DVC is taking California by storm the points are going up at the DL resorts and this year they changed the weekend cost as well to MUCH higher

Supply and Demand (SSR has lots of supply - VAK will not) "IMHO"

The best time to buy is when you are ready. No other way around it. If you are not in a good financial position, it will be a stressful process. If you wait until you are ready--even if it's a few months from now, you'll be in a better place mentally after doing research here on the Dis and waiting til your finances are in order.

Best of luck on your final decision!

The best time to buy is when you are ready. No other way around it. If you are not in a good financial position, it will be a stressful process. If you wait until you are ready--even if it's a few months from now, you'll be in a better place mentally after doing research here on the Dis and waiting til your finances are in order.

Best of luck on your final decision!

I agree! I'm dying to buy a resale RIGHT NOW, but I'm going to have to wait. I can buy it now, but it would be a minor strain and it's better if I wait until the end of the year. Now I doubt if the specific resale that I'm eyeing up will still be there, but something else will come along. Best of luck.

I agree - SSR is large OK Very Large the largest ever

VAK will be much smaller -

Supply and Demand (SSR has lots of supply - VAK will not) "IMHO"

Actually VAK will be very close in size to OKW, not "much smaller". The resort will have 458 rooms when completed!

Actually VAK will be very close in size to OKW, not "much smaller". The resort will have 458 rooms when completed!

That big! I really haven't paid that much attention to the VAK talk. I assumed it was going to be on the small size too.

Yes the VAK will be one of the larger resorts. It's going to take alot of maintenance to care for all those animals. I would hate to see the dues if they only made it half that size.

As for the promotions, the $15 has been repeated, but last year the offer was better and the price per point was lower. I would be more concerned about the base price than the incentives for this reason. The base prices keep increasing. Never has the price gone lower even with a promotion.
If we plotted the prices on a graph, it would show a steady increase.:teacher: :goodvibes

Last year, we received multiple incentives on the same purchase that effectively put us into the low $60 price range.

I agree that the SSR F&F promo I passed up in Sept 2005 was better than the this year's F&F promo I finally bought a year later. Oh well. Do what is better for you. I was not comfortable at the time with the possibility of a DVC purchase then, but I am very happy with it now.

Does anyone have the price per point history (without discounts)? That would be great to see....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter