How frequent are power outages at the fort?

paarras

Earning My Ears
we are thinking about a renting an RV for a week at the Fort with our 2 small dogs this September.
On our only previous experience at the Fort a few years back, there was a power outage lasting 4-6 hours.
Fortunately we were still with the RV when the outage began and stayed with our pets to ensure things didn't get too warm.
For you veteran Fort campers, are power outages likely to occur?

Thanks in advance

I have been at the fort twice each for almost 2 weeks (both times in Late November/Early December) and we never lost power that I was aware of. The one time we had our 130# Yellow Lab with us, the second time we didn't.

That's not to say that it won't happen, we just didn't experience it.

We were there in September 2011 and we lost power while we were in parks. They called our cell phones to let us know and then called us when it came back on. They were doing repairs in the loop we were in. I think it was out for 3 hours. At least they give you a heads up.

I been going to FW regularly since 2011 for 1-2 weeks each stay. I have not had any time where I lost power, though I did have to wait for maintinence when I had a bad breaker that kept popping at random. they had it fixed the same day I reported the issue.

Out of all the times we have stayed there we have only lost power once. It was October 2013 and lasted about 3-4 hours.

I can't say that in the 2-3 trips per year for the last 5 or 6 years and staying in the cabins from 4-9 nights each trip we have ever experienced a power outage.

we are thinking about a renting an RV for a week at the Fort with our 2 small dogs this September.
On our only previous experience at the Fort a few years back, there was a power outage lasting 4-6 hours.
Fortunately we were still with the RV when the outage began and stayed with our pets to ensure things didn't get too warm.

Thanks in advance
Couldn't you have just opened the windows and gone about your day?

Thanks in advance

Have been camping at FW since they opened in 1971, too many trips to count, and we have never lost power while there - not to say it can't, according to some pp's comments - not something that I would worry overly much about. We were there during a tropical storm but never lost power.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter