How fast does a Z-Pak work?

MickeyMouseGal

<font color=deeppink>Have A Zip A Dee Doo Dah Zip
I've had a bad sinus infection: pressure, fever, streaming nose, coughing up crap, etc. for 3 days. I went to the Doctor this morning, he wrote a Rx for a Z-Pak. I took the first two pills at 10:00am. By 1:00pm I felt SO MUCH BETTER!!! I still don't feel 100%, but considering that I felt like I had been hit by a truck for three days, just being able to do some minor household chores is amazing!
This is my first time taking a Z-Pak. Does it really work that fast and that well?

I love Z-Pak. Not only does it work quickly but I always lose a few pounds when I'm on it because I have no appetite:thumbsup2 .

I haven't had an appetite anyway... between the sinus drainage and the Sudafed.

I got a Z-Pack this afternoon, too. Usually, I feel better within 24 hours. Amazing stuff, I tell ya! :)

Does it leave a bit of a funny taste in your mouth? I'm not sure if it is the antibiotic or the sinus drainage, but things don't taste right. (Not nearly as bad as Biaxin though... those are NASTY!!!)

It usually works in 24 hours. If you have this bug that is going around that turns into a sinus infection it will be a week or 2 until you are better. I started the Zpack last Thur & I am still home sick from work.

I love Z-Pak. Not only does it work quickly but I always lose a few pounds when I'm on it because I have no appetite:thumbsup2 .

Did you know that's a sign to stop taking it?

Stop using azithromycin and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:

diarrhea that is watery or bloody;

chest pain, uneven heartbeats; or

nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).

source: http://www.drugs.com/mtm/zithromax-z-pak.html

I had strep throat 3 times in one year and each time the Dr. gave me the Zpak. I loved it, usually by the end of the night I was able to eat and drink without feeling the excruciating pain of strep. I can't take it anymore, it doesn't work for me because I took it too many times in a short period of time that my body became immune to it, at least thats what the dr. said.

Did anyone else have a bad taste in their mouth? Blech. Nothing tastes right.

My dd (10) started a z-pack today for her array of illnesses. She never complained other than a sore throat. She got a fever last night and I took her to the doctor this morning because the fever would not break with OTC meds. She has an ear infection, sinusitis, a raw throat, and what they are calling bronchitis/borderline pneumonia in both lungs. They said they can hear wheezing top to bottom in her lungs. All of it is amazing to me. She's not whiney, not complaining and not even coughing. :confused3

Anyhow, this darn z-pack better work. We leave for WDW in 19 days. Not only that but, she is LIVID that she is missing school when "I am NOT that sick!"

She is not complaining of any foul taste in her mouth, but then again she is "FINE!"

Did anyone else have a bad taste in their mouth? Blech. Nothing tastes right.

Azithromycin (Zithromax) is chemically related to erythromycin and clarithromycin (Biaxin). My family gets that terrible taste when taking these also. Glad you're feeling better!

I've been on Z-pack a few times and its always worked great. I've never had any bad side effects from it, compared to other meds I've taken. :thumbsup2 Biaxin on the other hand really makes my stomach hurt. I've told the doctor to make a notation on my chart never to give me that again. Some people can tolerate that really well, I'm not one of them!

Yes it's amazing. I always feel better so quickly.

feel better by the way.

Thanks!

I do feel better, but I'm still not great. One of the problems with me getting a sinus infection is that I also have asthma. The drainage really triggers my asthma and I can't go a few hours without using my inhaler. That includes night time. I'm up every few hours because I can't breathe. Boy, will I be glad when this is over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter