• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How fast? Airport to Resort to Park

rkandmjsmommy

<font color=blue>2006: A year for letters....<br><
Hi everyone,
I am sure there is no exact time frame but I am going to ask anyway :teeth:

We arrive at 9:22am on Aug 25, staying at POP, we would like to check in, expecting room to not be ready, and head to Epcot, what time would you think we would be able to make it to Epcot?

Just curious
Thanks

Is your arrival at 9:22am via car at Pop Century or are you flying and that's when you arrive at MCO? If flying, you don't say what kind of transportation you are using to get to Pop...ME, or a rental car (which company), town car, etc. All of this matters if you are flying in to give you an estimate.

It took us 60 minutes via a limo last summer to the ASmo, so I'm going to think it would be that time frame once you hit the open road (not including pick up of rental car, or MEARS drop offs, etc.). So that puts you at your resort by 11am; check in, wander around a bit....you could safely make a PS at EPCOT for 1-2pm and be fine. I'd suggest Biergarten. It has a wonderful buffet and you'll be hungry!! If you just want to get to EPCOT, figure 30 minutes tops to include bus route. I'm not sure if POP stops at other resorts on the way into EPCOT or if it is a straight shot. You may want to ask specific POP bus questions on the resort board. :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

We are flying, our plane arrives at 9;22am, we are using Magical Express to get to Pop Century, hope to check in, have them hold our luggage and got to Epcot
thanks

i am sure the answer to your questions is: it depends. let me say, though, big thumbs up on ME. just got back from a week's trip today. arrived on a saturday at about 1:00 in the afternoon. was at the hotel within an hour. luggage was in our room by the time we returned from the park - so don't really know how long that took.

check out was excellent. how nice to be able to get our boarding passes at disney!!

we were so pleasantly surprised with ME. we will use it if we go back - even if we have to pay for it.

have fun on your trip.

rkandmjsmommy said:
We are flying, our plane arrives at 9;22am, we are using Magical Express to get to Pop Century, hope to check in, have them hold our luggage and got to Epcot
thanks
Magic express sometimes takes hours

Jan said:
i am sure the answer to your questions is: it depends. let me say, though, big thumbs up on ME. just got back from a week's trip today. arrived on a saturday at about 1:00 in the afternoon. was at the hotel within an hour. luggage was in our room by the time we returned from the park - so don't really know how long that took.

check out was excellent. how nice to be able to get our boarding passes at disney!!

we were so pleasantly surprised with ME. we will use it if we go back - even if we have to pay for it.

have fun on your trip.
Your bagage was surched in disney anything missing?

no, but i don't have anything valuable in my suitcase. if someone is so pathetic as to want my dirty undies, i say take them and good luck. really, i am not concerned about that kind of thing. anybody can go through bags anytime. i don't have any reason to believe someone at disney is more likely to steal than someone at the airport.

i was just really impressed that there was no line this morning for the baggage check. within minutes i had unloaded four suitcases and was holding four boarding passes.

rkandmjsmommy said:
Hi everyone,

We arrive at 9:22am on Aug 25, staying at POP, we would like to check in, expecting room to not be ready, and head to Epcot, what time would you think we would be able to make it to Epcot?

Just curious
Thanks

Usually, the lines in the DME area aren't that long before noon. Are you coming in on a Saturday? That might be the only exception to the rule.

Usually, the lines in the DME area aren't that long before noon. Are you coming in on a Saturday? That might be the only exception to the rule.
Yesterday 02:25 PM

Nope, we are coming in on a Thursday, we are hoping to get some time at Epcot, we have PS at Ohana's at 7PM, we arrive at MCO at 9:22

Hi...

We arrived on June 3 at MCO at 09:45. Got on ME bus at 09:55. Bus left at 10:00, Checked in at POP at 10:32. Room was ready and we dropped bags off there, caught bus to Epcot and were touring at 11:05.

ME is a great system and it worked flawlessly for us on the way from the airport.

Going home, well, we didnt get the info to be at ME 3 hours prior. We just knew to be there. No probs. We were the only ones on the bus. Pick up was at 3:15, at airport by 4:00. AA Flight was supposed to leave at 6:20. Flight delayed until 9:25 due to bad weather in Boston and an equipment swap. Hated waiting 5 hours at the airport. At least we had a DVD player and gameboy with us.

rkandmjsmommy said:
Hi everyone,

Just curious
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter