How far would you go

We just save a little at a time and we usually book our trip well in advance so it's kinda like having vacation on "lay-a-way". DH is a siding contractor and one of the major builders he works for allows him to keep the money from unused materials returned to the vendor-saves waste and he benefits from that. I drive a lot of miles for my company in my own vehicle and they pay me mileage, which more than covers my car payment, insurance,and gas. So I guess we are lucky to have a couple of ways to have some extra income flow in.

I do like the idea of just eating out of the freezer/pantry for a week or so, would save some money and clean out some old stuff. I think I'm going to put that into practice soon.

I plan out and precook for our trips. Not just Disney. We are the frozen spaghetti people lol I always make sure we have a room with a microwave and fridge. If it is a long trip, I will know when to restock and what. I have no problems taking food into the park. We have free dining this time and I haven't had that in years. It's going to be weird :)

For our everyday stuff we are pretty boring. We drive old cars to put more money into our house. I shop at Aldi and don't buy a lot of stuff in general. I rarely buy souvenirs, I really just want pictures to remind me of the trip.

Think about your utilities at home when your gone. Last trip was Dec 2 yrs ago. Night before turned down the heat to 67 & it stayed that way for 8 days to we got back. If you go during the summer turn the AC off or raise the setting. Another idea is to eat something before heading to the airport. Otherwise youll end up hearing im hungry & have to buy over priced airport food. This wont pay for the trip but sure helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter