How far out should I buy flights for Feb. 2016?

Majesty1919

Mouseketeer
At what point do you book your flights? I am watching Jet Blue and don't know if prices will drop at all between now and February. Secondly, are flights usually added or is what is offered it? Jet Blue stated that if prices drop, they'd refund the difference in the form of a credit on a future flight? Does anyone know a company that would price adjust?

Renee

You should check the website. They do but charge a fee. So it may or may not be worth it changing. We usually but tickets the day they come out and find the price is the lowest or close to it. After that you can wait until a couple months out but it can be a gamble

I just purchased mine on Thursday and they dropped Friday to a low that I don't often see. Our trip starts on Jan 24th but booked for the 23rd and will stay at the Hyatt in the Airport before heading to the resort in the morning. I was able to get some credit for our next flights, which will be in May when we head to port for our DCL cruise.

Jet blue's site is cheaper than Orbitz and others. I found flights that work for me and currently are about 25% full. I also think I have time but am trying to gauge at what point to thrown down the gavel and buy them.

Good point with JetBlue...we use Southwest and of course, no assigned seating so no clue on how full. I would assume JetBlue would give you credit back if the flights drop. Of course, if funds are the issue, it would be best to wait.

Buy them when you are comfortable with the price. Then don't check back. There is no way to predict the best time to book a flight. I doubt prices will vary much as the airlines are good at maximizing prices.

We have flown Jetblue almost exclusively since 2012. We have three more trips (October, December, April/May) currently booked with them.

99% of the time, we have found Jetblue prices only ever go up from their original release price, not down. In most cases, the price jump is substantial as the plane fills up.

Jetblue will credit you the difference if the price drops within 14 days from your date of purchase. After 14 days, unless you have purchased the most expensive Blue Plus fare, then you're out of luck (unless the price drop exceeds the $60 or $70 fee to process the credit....which is unlikely). So they will still credit you back the difference, its just a more limited policy than before. Jetblue changed their policy on crediting back for fare drops about a year ago.

http://help.jetblue.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/webisapi.dll?New,Kb=askBlue,case=obj(383871)

Honoring the Lower Fare

If you are rebooking within 14 days of purchase and prior to departure, there is no fee to honor the lower fare found on a JetBlue-operated flight.

In the event that a fare on a JetBlue-operated flight decreases after purchase, customers may rebook travel at the lower fare on the same flight to receive a credit for the difference in fare.

The following fees apply to honor the lower fare for the same fare option on tickets exchanged 15 or more days from original purchase date, depending on which fare you purchased:

• Blue - $70
  • Blue Plus - $60
  • Blue Flex - No fee
Any difference in fare will be returned in the form of a JetBlue credit, good for one year from the date of issuance.

If Booked PRIOR to June 30, 2015

If you booked prior to June 30, 2015, there is a $75 fee associated with honoring a lower fare on tickets exchanged 15 days or more from the original purchase date.

There is no charge to honor lower fare for bookings made prior to August 14, 2014.

For questions on JetBlue's honoring a lower fare policy, please contact JetBlue Reservations at 1-800-JETBLUE for assistance.

As others have said, I book the day JetBlue opens the flights. After watching for several years, I have found this to almost always be the lowest price. If you can afford the cost now, I would book it

i booked my 2/27/16 air about 2-3 weeks ago. I had been watching it and it went UP $10 it was enough to make me wonder if it would keep going up?? I didn't want to regret NOT booking and getting stuck with a higher price

Bought my early February flight months ago ago and bought my President's Day flight last month when JetBlue extended its schedule.

I agree with the advice to book once you find airfare with which you feel comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter