How far out is it necessary to book?

Zhaan

Mouseketeer
I am trying to plan my first trip to universal. I want to stay at one of the deluxe on site hotels. How far in advance do I need to book if I'm going during October 2015. Is there any worry that all of the rooms will be sold out?

Oct at universal = HHN:jumping2: = crowds

rates increase, dates sell out and minimum stays are often imposed during the weekends

I'm likely to go back in October with my DD for her Fall Break.
Would AP rates be available on weekends?

AP rates have often been available for early October weekend dates I have booked.

I am trying to plan my first trip to universal. I want to stay at one of the deluxe on site hotels. How far in advance do I need to book if I'm going during October 2015. Is there any worry that all of the rooms will be sold out?
i would book as soon as you are sure of your dates.
rooms for weekends, will fill up at some of the hotels for standard rooms.

rpr usually is at high capacity around late august, early september.
standard rooms could be sold out at that point.
(more expensive rooms will be available at times, up to the beginning of hhn.)

hrh has the least amount of rooms out of the 3 onsite hotels.
their bookings will go quickly before hhn begins.

i stay more nights than most so i book early as i plan my trip around hhn.

i booked november 1 last year for my october '15 stay at rpr.
i check for lower rates, aph release, AAA during the year and call and have my rate modified if it goes down.

a one night stay is the only deposit you pay when you book.
any extra money i have left from over paying early, goes on to my account for the rest of my stay.

HM, last few years, and nearer to october, the onsite hotels will require a 2 night stay for the weekends.
you want just the friday night, you will also have to book the saturday night.
this is not in effect now but will be later this year.

i booked my stay already and started with a saturday night.
i was not required to book the friday also.

We'd likely be doing Sat-Tues in early part of Oct.

We'd likely be doing Sat-Tues in early part of Oct.
oct 3rd will be the first saturday night of the month for hhn.
i suggest you book your stay early, so you can avoid the restriction of the 2 weekend night stay. fri/sat

fri/sat room bookings will have the higher rates

So, I pulled out the calendar. Oct 10-13 is our dates. I guess I should reserve soon? We aren't interested in HHN, I don't think. But, AP holders get discounted tickets right?

So, I pulled out the calendar. Oct 10-13 is our dates. I guess I should reserve soon? We aren't interested in HHN, I don't think. But, AP holders get discounted tickets right?

Yes you do get a discount. Most people book early for that time of year. I'm booked too

If I'm not sure if we are staying for 4 or 5 nights what is the best way to book? Going on October 11 and staying till the 15 or 16. Is it best to book to the 16 and cancel a day or book till the 15 and add a day later if we need to?

Thanks!

This thread makes me nervous! We want to try out Universal for the first time in October over our fall break, but our school district typically doesn't release the calendar until April. Usually fall break is around October 5 - 9. We want to stay at RPR club level. Will we have a chance booking in April???

This thread makes me nervous! We want to try out Universal for the first time in October over our fall break, but our school district typically doesn't release the calendar until April. Usually fall break is around October 5 - 9. We want to stay at RPR club level. Will we have a chance booking in April???
you won't have an issue booking in the spring for an october stay.
you would have an issue if you booked early september for rpr and wanted the standard, cheapest room during the weekend period.

you won't have an issue booking in the spring for an october stay.
you would have an issue if you booked early september for rpr and wanted the standard, cheapest room during the weekend period.

Thanks, that puts my mind at ease!

I spent the morning checking out rates for our October 26-30 trip. We always stay at RPH and have never had an issue booking, even within the last few months prior to arrival. Today, I found higher prices than normal and limited room choices online. I called reservations and was told they are almost sold out at RPH during our stay. I was able to get 2 King Club rooms through Orbitz at a lower rate than a regular room through universal. The person I spoke to at Loews says orbitz and other agencies buy up blocks of rooms in advance and may have them even when the resort is sold out. The rate I got was $299/night. More than we've ever paid for a room at RPH but we never stay club. I just wanted to make sure we got something! So I would at least get a placeholder room if you are going in October, just in case. Better options may open up if people cancel, and I'll check back to see if they offer an APH rate (doubtful for our dates since it seems booked already). Hope this is helpful!

Decided to just check our dates again (Oct 5-9) and 2 queen Club rooms are sold out already! What a bummer! I guess we can just keep checking and hope someone will cancel. :(

Decided to just check our dates again (Oct 5-9) and 2 queen Club rooms are sold out already! What a bummer! I guess we can just keep checking and hope someone will cancel. :(

standard rooms sell out first during hard ticket events in the park.
but keep checking as people cancel their reservations all the time.
it could be that many booked and paid the one night deposit for a room in october just to hold it and plan to change it once they get all their info lined up for the trip.
also, travel agencies do book up blocks of rooms and those they can't sell, they release back to the hotel.
that opens up more rooms for the public.

i book my room and then wait for airfare.
i do the room over 11 months out and then work on air portion.

if you are looking to stay at hrh, they only have 650 rooms so you might have better luck at one of the other 2 onsite hotels.

bigskyernurse, i feel your pain.
my weekend nights have the rate as you do.
add in tax and .......well, hoping for ap rates to be released so i can modify my ressie.

freckles, came back to tell you the booking site will change periodically.
it might be showing nothing is available but if you check again 10 hours later or days later, availability will show

i hope T3 won't be undergoing renovations in october.......
that would put club out of the system for bookings.

i am hopeful that all 3 towers at rpr will be completed and opened for booking mid summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter