How far out for reservations when using points in last 60 days?

MermaidsMom

<font color=red>Do you live trap squirrels with cr
Let's say you cancelled a reservation at the last minute within the 30 day window or were in the last 60 days of your use year and can't bank. How far out could you make a reservation for at another resort/Concierge Collection etc? A year?

If you have points that cannot be banked, they MUST be used before the end of the current Use Year or they are lost. Within 60 days of the end of your Use Year, DVC points can only be used at DVC resorts or for an exchange thru II- they cannot be used for non-DVC resorts or Concierge Collection options.

Cancellations made within 30 days of arrival will result in those points being placed in a Holding Account- which limits their use to making a reservation within 60 days of arrival. They may not be banked, but may be used for any option- as long as it's not during the last 60 days of the Use Year (then the above provision will apply).

Good luck!

Doc, would that include making a reservation with them and placing that reservation in II? How would that work?

Members don't make a reservation to bank with II- MS just assigns the appropriate number of points needed for the exchange. If you want to bank enough for a 1BR- 124 to 160 points are used from our account- but no reservation has to made by the member- MS does than internally with II.

I look at this method as a loophole that effectively allows an extension of time to use the points beyond the end of the Use Year, but that's how the World Passport Collection is set up.

Enjoy!

That was what I was getting at, Doc. I was wondering if that would essentially extend your points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter