How Far Out Do You Book Your WDW Trip?

We try to plan one year out, but recently we are planning 6 months out and it is really not enough time in my opinion. I like more time to decided where we are going to go and what we are going to do.

In my mind I know we are going Feb. 2011, but DVC wont let me book it yet!!:lmao:

We book our trips just about as soon as we get home. We've done 43 trips so far and the last 5+ years have been doing 2 trips a year, better use out of our annual passes and staying longer, 9-12 nights. We figure if we're going to spend alot to get there, might as well make it a long adventure and relax and see Disney at an old persons pace, we hit 60 years old so we move alot slower. After all our trips, we know which 2 months we prefer, we'll book room only AAA rate and then keep tabs on when the AP discounts come out and do the math, either keep what we have or switch for the best discount. Seems we always have a countdown counter going but we love it. We just came back and are looking for late spring.

Not a thing in the world weird about that! We usually book a year in advance (and plan it in our heads before that!) if we can.

We booked our first trip 11 months out. Current trip we booked 5 months out, when the 4/3 deal came out. We were planning Oct 2010, but couldn't resist going ealier.

It is not just Disney, I plan our July beach vacation 6-7 months out. I have always been a planner.

I am about to book our trip for Nov 2010 on Monday with my TA.. I don't see any harm in booking it whenever you can as soon as you have your dates.. I know we are going the second week of November because my son has a few days off of school... I want a lagoon view at the Poly, so better to book it sooner then later so I get it.. I only need to put down $200 now, so I don't see the big deal in booking that far in advance.. but like most people on here, I am even thinking of later trips on down the road.. like I know we are going back in 2012 or 2013, whenever Fantasy Land is finished.. I will use my 2010 trip to look around and see where I want to stay that time.. :thumbsup2

Our next trip will be booked at 11 months out due to DVC points and that is when you can 1st book the flights.

We booked a year out this time to help pay everything off over time. Plus we're going with my BFF (who lives out of state), and that is an adventure all it's own with ADRs and hotel travel (we're going value, they're going mod...). We've got the headache of 180 day ADRs, Southwest airlines only books 5.5 months out, and the dates for MNSSHP aren't released until late May/early June...

Last spring we booked 2 months out on an impromptu trip. While we had plenty of time to plan and prepare, we did miss out on a couple of ADRs that I would have liked. However the alternatives we were offered were just as good, if not better.

I think it ultimately depends on how long it takes you to feel prepared for your trip.

out of all our trips i think one was planned like 3 - 4 months ahead. Thats all. We have actually had a few trips i booked 1 month ahead. And one time , summer, we got a 59.00 special at ASM 2 weeks before. That was one of our BEST trips.......

I have to plan somewhat early because of work..I'm actually going to book my trip tonight for 2010(in the fall). I could probably get away with a last minute trip but it would have to be short-like a long weekend type of thing.

I figure you can make changes and cancel if need be later.

Our first trip was in March and as soon as I got home, I started planning again for next March! LOL I'm also planning for December 2010 but I'm hoping for a nice bounceback offer and make my reservations then. If I had know about bounceback this year, I would have used it for next year....but I'm happy enough with the 4/3 deal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter