How far is your drive to WDW, Florida

1,169 miles from driveway to driveway.....mine here outside
of Toledo to the Polynesian drive that is:cool:

It takes us about 21-22 hrs. if we go straight through.

(me, the wife, and 2 daughters...6 and 2 1/2)

ptrbryant,
We usually drive down to Georgia and then head toward the coast. WE usually stop along the way and spend the night. The last trip, we stopped at "Sea Turtle Inn" in Jacksonville. It is a beautiful hotel in an awesome location right on Jacksonville Beach. When we leave Jacksonville, I pick up Highway A1A. This route drives down the coastline all the way to Daytona. It is beautiful. I love the drive through St Augustine. There are several small beach side towns along the way. We always take a couple of hours and see the sights as well as look for neat out of the way shops and attractions. If you wouldn't mind the driving, I would definatley recommend it. Hope you have a wonderful trip!!!
:jumping1: :jumping1:

It is about a 20 hour drive. We have driven every year and we don't plan on flying. We stop in southern Georgia same place every year and every year when we get there it is raining. But it is so nice driving 12 hours the first day, because we wake up around 5 at Georgia and arrive at Disney at around 11. So the drive the second day is full of excitement and its shorter!

Also driving for us is a tradition so we don't like runing traditions :)

About 900 miles from Cincinnati. Last year we stopped in Valdosta, GA on the way down and Atlanta, GA on the way back. We've also flown a few times at various times of the year. This time, we have 4 kids and it was way too expensive to fly down on the Dec. 27 and come back on Jan 2, which is what we're doing this year.

Sooo, this year my wife (who considers it torture to be cooped up in a car) is flying with our 1 year old (who doesn't like it much either, and is still free to fly), and the rest of us are driving. I think we're going straight through to Orlando on the way down - driving with 6, 5 and 2 year olds, but in a Suburban with DVD player and wireless headphones for the kids, and XM Radio for me.:smooth: My wife thinks I'm crazy, but I sort of like the drive.

243.82 miles to 311 World Drive (the address Mapquest gives for the Magic Kingdom.)

It's about 998 miles to our "home away from home". We usually stop overnight in Pensacola, but this time we're stopping in Mobile. That drive on I10 is LONG!!! I'm the only driver in our family so it makes it kind of rough on the booty! ;) It takes us about 16 hours total. I would LOVE to live closer!!

Kim:earsgirl: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

15.5 hours - 1000 Miles. We leave Houston at 4:00 PM on Friday the 3rd of December. We will stop in Beaumont (Casa Ole - Mexican Food) for dinner and make 2 stops for gas and arrive in Orlando at 7:30AM. If the weather is good, it will be closer to 6:30am. I have 3 kids and they go to sleep about 10:00PM after watching a post dinner movie. I have a 04 Honda Odyssey Van, we leave the two middle seats at home and after dinner we fold back seat into the floor and spread 4" of mattress foam down. Kids have pillow and blankets and sleep like babies. I actually look forward to the drive. Wife will drive until she tires, usually 11:00PM then I will take over. I can last until 6:00 or so and then she takes back the wheel. We listen to comedic books on tape..ie Ray Romano, Drew Carey and the such. The drive back is never as fun, but its tolarable.

It's about 1500 miles which takes about 23 hours if driven without stopping, however, we usually stop over in SC or GA. But this year it's only taking us about 2 hours. We're flying for the first time!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

500 miles. Last time I made this drive it took me less than 6 hours. That was in my younger days before wife and kids; driving my corvette, one stop for gas. This time, planning on 9 hours, with stop one stop for gas but expect several for DD3 and DD7 to need a potty break. Also, not planning on speeding as much in the mini-van. Fortunately it has DVD player with headphones, so I wont have to listen to 9 straight hours of cartoons.

1217 miles and 17 1/2 hours! We love driving to WDW and I don't think we'd ever fly (even though it would certainly be quicker!). We drive longer on the first day (about 11 or 12 hours), so the drive on the second day is shorter. We listen to WDW CDs and Radio Disney almost the entire way, and have a great time talking about what we plan on doing when we get to the World.

May can't get here fast enough!

We drive 1035 miles door to door from NJ. We do it once a year. Wish we could do it more but we can't without pulling DD out of school. We refuse to go during Spring Break or Christmas week.

This has been an interesting thread... a special thanks to those who answered my question on saving money if you travel over 20 hours.

About 17 hours straight through. driven 2 times and as sick as it may sound I kinda enjoy the ride, I do all the driving.

Cheers

We're about 9 hrs. away and I've never done the drive as an adult!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter