How Far Is This Walk.......?

Eljay

DIS Veteran
If we stay at the DTD Hilton, can we realistically & safely walk to Raglan Road at PI? I'm a good walker with good shoes.
Are the busses between PI & the Hilton convenient?
Thanks Guys! :shamrock:

Yes, if you are used to walking and are up to the task. I would guestimate the distance to be in the 3 - 4 mile range (if I correctly remember where the Hilton is located, that is!). There are sidewalks to Marketplace and a light to cross the road.

I'm not sure about any shuttle bus between the locations.

The Hilton is the closest to DTD of any of the Hotel Plaza Blvd hotels.

The Hilton is directly across from DTD, the side with all the shops. It's a nice hotel, I stayed there a few years back when my company was celebrating our 75th anniversary. I had been invited because I did a lot of work on the anniversary, they did an amazing job (Disney that is) setting up the party and theme-ing it.

Since I got to the hotel later than the rest of the employees they ended up putting me on the concierge level facing DTD. I was in heaven!!

Eljay said:
If we stay at the DTD Hilton, can we realistically & safely walk to Raglan Road at PI? I'm a good walker with good shoes.
Are the busses between PI & the Hilton convenient?
Thanks Guys! :shamrock:

I just did a Google Earth on it. It looks like about .7 miles by car. Just be careful crossing the street. :banana:

They have crosswalks for people to use so getting across shouldn't be bad as long as you are patient. The walk shouldn't be much further than walking from the far side of the West End to the far side of the Marketplace.

Just posting an update on my original question. :)

I did end up staying at the Hilton and it is directly across from DTD.
Pleasure Island though, is another story. It is a little further down the road, just a little too far to realistically walk, especially late at night. We grabbed a town car that was sitting in the Hilton driveway and he drove us over there for $10. We waited about 15 minutes for the bus, but got impatient.

I hope this info helps someone else! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter