• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How far is Miami from Orlando?

Ergens2

Just call me Red!
My college team (VA Tech) might be going to the Orange Bowl and DH wants to get tickets to go. We would be driving down and then right back after the game. Is it worth it? We have been to every Bowl game for the past 12 years so if we can't make this one it's no big deal.

Where in Orlando are you? Near WDW exits??

from N.E. Ft. Lauderdale to Osceola Parkway is 180 miles and it takes about 3 hours to drive - it can be made in 1 hr. 45 minutes or soon - or sooner, if you don't mind a trooper stopping you. :rotfl2:

From N. Ft. Lauderdale to Miami is only aboaut 35 minutes - down I-95

We will be in WDW on vacation, so I will be looking at the distance from WDW. If it is only 4 hours then that is not bad!

First of all the Orange Bowl is not played in the Orange Bowl so you aren't talking about driving all the way to Miami. It is on the Dade-Broward line in Broward so it should take you about 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Not a bad drive. We do it all the time to go to WDW.

Talking Hands said:
First of all the Orange Bowl is not played in the Orange Bowl so you aren't talking about driving all the way to Miami. It is on the Dade-Broward line in Broward so it should take you about 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Not a bad drive. We do it all the time to go to WDW.

where is the Orange Bowl played (what stadium?) :confused3

ETA - I just did some searching - looks like the Orange Bowl game is played at Pro Player, which is right off the turnpike - you can be there in 3 hours 15 minutes.

I recently drove to Miami from near WDW taking the turnpike. I drove approximately 65 to 70 mph and made one stop of about 15 minutes. It took me about 3 1/2 hours.

Cindy's Mom said:
where is the Orange Bowl played (what stadium?) :confused3

ETA - I just did some searching - looks like the Orange Bowl game is played at Pro Player, which is right off the turnpike - you can be there in 3 hours 15 minutes.
Right, Pro Player. Couldn't remember the new name. I still think of it as Joe Robbie Stadium. And it is right off the turnpike and easy to get to.

It's right off the turnpike, after the game is over they will more than likely feed everyone back on the turnpike. If you decide to cross over to I95 to save some money on tolls, then you will want to get off at the Ives Dairy Road exit (should also say 203rd Street) and head west. From 95 it's only about a 10-15 minute drive without traffic.

Pam

Talking Hands said:
Right, Pro Player. Couldn't remember the new name. I still think of it as Joe Robbie Stadium. And it is right off the turnpike and easy to get to.

I still call it Joe Robbie too; and I think they even took the Pro Player name away and its just called Dolphin Stadium.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter