• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How far is Fort Lauderdale from Orlando airport MCO?

mexican-mouseketeers

DIS Veteran
Because I just read a thread where it is mentioned that during hurricane season the embarkation or disembarkation might take place at this port.

Usually when is this announced?

We are planning on arriving at MCO the afternoon before our cruise, sleep there, and head for the por on embarkation day and it definetly would not do to arrive at the wrong port!

Thanks,

Julie

It takes us 3 1/2 hours to get from Orlando to FLL. It could be up to 4 hours depending on time of day etc...

Well, it depends how fast you drive. It takes us 4 hours to miami.
So Ft. Lauderdale would be 3. (of course we take the turnpike going 70-75) :moped:

If the embarkation port is changed, Disney will make arrangements to get you there. If you are at a hotel by the airport, take the shuttle to the airport and Disney will put you on a bus. Alternately, do a one-way car rental. We've had to sail out of Fort Lauderdale twice, and both times we rented a car from Thrifty for the four-hour drive. The drop-off is right by Port Everglades, and then they drive you to the ship.
Barb

When we pulled into the port we got a call from the TA telling us we would leave out of Lauderdale (3 days later). Being a little frazzled with 3 kids and the grandparents in a minivan (ok 7 people and 11 suitcases) my husband got on the freeway going NORTH!!!

Ugh we landed in Lauderdale about 7 hours later!!!! Only to be evacuated from there in the a.m.

We joke with the kids that if it is a city in Florida, we have already been there from that trip. Turns out we had a pretty good time driving around and we all got to see our first hurricane. To boot insurance paid for EVERYTHING!

So short story long, it takes some of us longer to get to Lauderdale than others.

:rolleyes:

Ok, so definetly we should get up early that day and investigate whether the ship will leave from PC or from FL, I would hate to miss our cruise. And I think that if we leave from FL we might let Disney do the driving.

Julie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter