• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How far in advance to reserve parking spot at the airport in a city?

Disuser

DIS Veteran
How far in advance should I reserve a parking place at a major city airport?
Thanks!:)

We fly out of Detroit and have never reserved for parking. We us one of the off-airport lots, and they shuttle us right from our car to our terminal. On returning, the shuttle picks us up and takes us right back to our vehicle. They charged us $75.oo for 9 days, which I thought wasn't too bad.

We have used the same parking area 4-5 times in the last 3 years and it has always worked out great.

I have already booked our reservations for parking for January (we are flying out of BWI). I did it for 2 reasons...1-because I like to know that it is done and one less thing to worry about and 2-because we are leaving for WDW Super Bowl weekend and I wasn't sure how busy they would be.

Really depends on the airport and time of year. I have had a reservation for Avistar at LGA for 4 months. LGA has no long term on site parking and by Thanksgiving all the off site lots will be booked.

Better safe than sorry.

If it is a major holiday/event travel day, then it is best to do it as soon as your plans are firm, no matter where you are.

Different airports have different levels of availability based on supply. My airport is STL, which has planty of long-term parking for not much traffic (lots of airline service cuts in recent years.) If it isn't a holiday you needn't bother here.

You need to say where and when if you want useful answers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter