• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How far in advance should I book Windsor Hills?

100AcreWood

DIS Veteran
How far in advance should I book a townhome at Windsor Hills?
Also, would you recommend at townhouse or townhome for a family of 5? The main reason we are looking at WH is we are tired of being cramped in hotel rooms. We want space!

Also, I have seen a lot of comments on dave robinson but I'd love to hear any other suggestions I should check out. He seems to be the cheapest but I know cheaper isn't always better. Any specific homes I should look into?

Thanks!

I think the most you can book out is one year in advance. If you find a very popular home, I would book it early. Also book early if you are going during a very popular time of the year. I tried to book our 4 BR house for our upcoming Spring Break trip while we were there last year, and it was already booked. If you're going at a slower time of the year (September), you don't need to book as early.

I think a 3 BR townhome would suit your family of 5 just fine. Most of them have a splash pool so that your family would have that option in addition to the community pool.

We haven't used Dave Robinson's site since they require 7 night stays of Sat. through Saturday, and we stay 8 nights or longer. We book through www.floridasunvacationhomes.com as they offer discounts on stays of longer than 7 nights.

Here are two recent threads that have some suggestions for townhomes in Windsor Hills:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2743492

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2671411

Good luck with your search! I hope you love Windsor Hills as much as our family does! :goodvibes

We booked a three bed two bath condo about 5 months in advance. You can look on most owner's availability calendar to see if they're booked at the time you want to go.

In Dave's case I truly think the "cheaper isn't always better" does not apply. I've stayed with him a few times now and have always had excellent accommodations and service. He uses the Sat to Sat rental periods to keep his prices low. If we are staying 9 or 10 days we will get a hotel room for a couple days prior to arrival and enjoy the week at Windsor Hills afterwards.

All I can say is if any of his units are available for your stay you should not let the cheaper price concern you. I really can't recommend them enough to be honest. Either way, good luck with your hunt and I hope you have a great vacation.

In Dave's case I truly think the "cheaper isn't always better" does not apply. I've stayed with him a few times now and have always had excellent accommodations and service. He uses the Sat to Sat rental periods to keep his prices low. If we are staying 9 or 10 days we will get a hotel room for a couple days prior to arrival and enjoy the week at Windsor Hills afterwards.

All I can say is if any of his units are available for your stay you should not let the cheaper price concern you. I really can't recommend them enough to be honest. Either way, good luck with your hunt and I hope you have a great vacation.

Thank you, this is good information. The Sat-Sat actually works great for us. I'm definitely leaning towards Dave.

One more question, we're debating between WBC and Windsor Hills. Do we have to wash linens or towels before leaving? I assume this is included in the cleaning fee but it wasn't clear on the sites. So much information to read!

It really depends on whether you are going at a busy time or not.

If you are the type of person that likes to have as many options as possible available, book early.

If, however, you are going at a slow(er) time you CAN save a significant amount by waiting.

We usually book a refundable hotel for our stays in August and then 7-10 days before contact owners to see if they have any last minute discounts available (they usually do). You can get an even better discount if you can fill a "gap" in their booking calendar.

Using this method, we have booked a townhome at Windsor Hills for less than $60 per night at the end of August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter