How far in advance do you map out vacations?

We have ours mapped out to 2007! We are both teachers so we know when we can vacation each year, which helps a lot.:earsboy: :earseek: ::MickeyMo

When we first became members in 1999, I had vacations mapped out through about the first 10 years. However now that we are finishing our fourth year of membership, I have only got through 2005 planned definitively. Looking back, very few of the plans I originally made came to fruition. Of course, the addon we got in 2002 complicated things, and I am not planning beyond 2005 currently because we are seriously planning on a 100-150 pt. addon for the end of 2005 or beginning of 2006 depending on what incentives are available. Of course it is fun to dream and plan all the wonderful trips that can be had for DVC members.

I am of the thinking that part of the reason our vacations are so wonderful are due to the fact that so much advance planning is done. Some would see the "Plan in advance" philosophy of DVC as a hinderance, but we personally see it as a chance to fully explore all the available options and leave nothing to chance when we vacation.

CWD

LOL! When we first joined DVC I had a 5-10 year plan! Now that we are old timers, I really only plan about 2 years out. We have our ressies for January (booked at 11 month window) and will be booking our October '04 GV soon. I know we will also either go Dec. '04 or Jan. '05, depending on who wants to go with us.

We tend to plan 2 years out because of AP's. We buy an AP for one later Jan. trip and then plan 2-3 trips before it expires the following Jan. We typically then will take about 12 1/2 months off, and go back on new AP's. We did need to take a summer trip this year after APs expired, so we bought PHP for that short trip.

We buy new AP's because the renewal thing doesn't work too well for us being so far away.

I am jumping up and down right now knowing Im not the only one who plans like that. I am planning my 2005 DW vacation and was embarrased to admitt it because I though everyone would think I was nuts. Whew. I just love you all.:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter