How far in advance do you get your cruise documents?

jaminmd

DIS Veteran
Is it similar to booking a WDW vacation where you get them at about 30 days out? TIA.

About 30 days. It can be a little slower if your TA instructed DCL to send the documents to the agency (some agents like to check them and then send them to you or have you pick them up). If you booked directly thru DCL or the TA had DCL send them to you directly, it will be about 30 days. Don't panic if you start seeing reports of people getting theirs a few days before you do--happens to us all the time.

I actually got mine early for my June cruise this time...about 6 weeks out! It makes it so much more 'real' when they come in.

Mine were postmarked 40 days before my June cruise, but I recall receiving previous documents about a week later than this time around.

Got our documents for the 6/20 Dream cruise on Monday--so 5 weeks before sailing this time.

Well, our cruise is 3 weeks from Friday and we have nothing! We do go through a TA but she has not gotten them either.
On our last cruise, they came the day we left. Talk about panicking!!! :confused:

Can't you download/print them from the DCL website?

The documents this thread is referring to comes from DCL. It's a booklet-type document that has the official cruise contract, transportation details, etc. The other important thing it has is luggage tags. A lot of stuff can be printed from the websit, but not the luggage tags.

The documents this thread is referring to comes from DCL. It's a booklet-type document that has the official cruise contract, transportation details, etc. The other important thing it has is luggage tags. A lot of stuff can be printed from the websit, but not the luggage tags.

Still can't they just do like the airlines do and print them when you arrive at the terminal? Seems like such a waste of resources to send you all kinds of paper that you really don't need.

Still can't they just do like the airlines do and print them when you arrive at the terminal? Seems like such a waste of resources to send you all kinds of paper that you really don't need.

I believe the luggage tags have your room number bar coded on them. So, when you get to the airport in Florida (if your flying), you don't have to go get your luggage. It is all taken care of.
In other words, you hand over your luggage before your flight from home and it is delivered to your cabin on the ship. No need to worry about it or carry all around with you. Without the tag, you have to wait for your luggage and carry it around with you until you get to the cruise terminal. Not fun!

Our first cruise was booked 14 days out , VGT, and we did not receive any documents prior to the cruise. I just printed out the paperwork from online. When we dropped our luggage off with the porter they asked for our room # and made up a tags for us. We had no problems whatsoever.

If it wasn't for disboards I would not have even realized we were suppose to get any documents.

I believe the luggage tags have your room number bar coded on them. So, when you get to the airport in Florida (if your flying), you don't have to go get your luggage. It is all taken care of.
In other words, you hand over your luggage before your flight from home and it is delivered to your cabin on the ship. No need to worry about it or carry all around with you. Without the tag, you have to wait for your luggage and carry it around with you until you get to the cruise terminal. Not fun!

So what if you're arriving the day before? (I am super nervous about planes not showing up when they're supposed to and didn't want to miss the cruise. Plus I figured one day early meant one extra vacation day!) Do you not pick up your luggage at the airport?

Oh dear, are these documents being snail mailed to us????? We don't get a lot of our U.S. mail and I'm worried someone else will.

For US addresses, Disney now sends these via the US Mail. They will still send them UPS or FedEx outside the US.

For a long time, the documents were sent 45 days prior but I've noticed some are running about 30 days prior now (except for GT). Maybe because there are more ships or due to the increase in last minute stateroom assignments.

For US addresses, Disney now sends these via the US Mail. They will still send them UPS or FedEx outside the US.

For a long time, the documents were sent 45 days prior but I've noticed some are running about 30 days prior now (except for GT). Maybe because there are more ships or due to the increase in last minute stateroom assignments.

What is GT?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter