How far in advance did you book your cruise??

mom2my3kids

DIS VETERAN
I am looking around, but I don't know how far in advance to book it. Can't really pin point our exact date until my husband gets his vacation form in October.

We booked on March 1 of this year for September 30 of this year. Of course, this is not one of the more popular times. I would think for peak times, you would want to book very, very early.

The cruise we board on SATURDAY was booked in Oct. 2004.. Price has gone up ALOT, about $3300 since we booked!!!

well, I haven't booked YET but will as soon as the dates will come out for August 2008. Hopefully in September!

You should book as early as you possible can, for better deals!

Wow, DrCarvin, that's a lot of $$!! Makes me feel good about wanting to book early, even though DH thinks I have lost my mind!

I have booked as early as 23 months in advance. I just booked yesterday for August '07 which to me is late. Those in the know usually book as soon as the rates are released.

I just booked on line for a cruise in December 2007

we booked just over one year before our sail date. you can save a bundle if you book early

I booked our 4 night August 2006 Wonder cruise in June of 2005 . . . booked our August 2007 Med cruise the day it was released (early April 2006). Since there are no penalties until quite close to time, if you have a fairly good idea of when you can go, it seems best to me to book as far in advance as possible, since you can't lose anything (except the use of your deposit money!).

We booked over a year in advance for the cruise we're taking this November and almost 2 years in advance for next years.

I booked as soon as they came out with the schedule and prices. It was 625 days out! Not much longer to go! :banana:

:cool1: We booked December 05 for November 06. We decided to go on Christmas day, & we booked it on the 27th. So this was a very nice ending to my Christmas evening. :Pinkbounc

Denise

We recently booked a cruise for Dec. 2007. It was about 20 months out. I wanted connecting rooms and I know they go fast especially in peak times.

We normally book a year or so in advance. We have also booked spur of the moment which for us is a month or two in advance.

Teri

We have booked anywhere from 4 to 13 months in advance, depending on when I can take off from work.

Woody

How can you book so far in advance (ie: 23months or more)? I didn't think the rates and dates came out that early. For instance, aren't the dates that you can book now only thru december 2007? What am I missing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter