How far in advance can you book with dvc?

Disneygirls4life

Earning My Ears
me and my friend are thinking about wanting to stay at the new Disney Polynesian resort deluxe villa rooms and was wondering how far in advance you can make a dvc reservation? Can dvc members make a earlier reservation compared to non-dvc members? Also is there anything we need to know before hand since my friends family normally stay at boardwalk? (And I think that is normally considered their "home resort") like does it cost anymore points to "visit" a different resort on your trip instead of staying at your home location?

If you friend owns at BWV, they can book the poly seven months prior to check in day.

:earsboy: Bill

If there are rooms available, Disney will let you book a room through them so it doesn't seem as though there's much difference in time, at least, between booking via DVC and regular Disney. As Bill says, depending on where your friends own (their "home resort") they probably would be able to make the reservation 7 months to the day prior to when you want to go. And, no, it would not cost more if their home resort is Boardwalk than if their home resort was the Polynesian. You should be aware, however, that the people whose home resort is the Polynesian will have a few months lead time on any other DVC owner so it's likely that many of the rooms will have already been scarfed up by the time your friend can make the reservation. (Not that it's impossible; just that, with anything new, it's going to be highly desirable to a lot of people just like yourself. :-) )

So, yes, have your friend check on the DVC points chart to determine how much it would 'cost' you to stay there and try to (assuming their home resort is Boardwalk) make that reservation right at the 7 months prior to your stay date. It won't cost more than if they owned at the Polynesian. And if you are truly wanting to stay there but can't get a reservation via DVC, check the Disney site to see how much that would cost as they may have a few rooms available. Good luck!

If there are rooms available, Disney will let you book a room through them so it doesn't seem as though there's much difference in time, at least, between booking via DVC and regular Disney. As Bill says, depending on where your friends own (their "home resort") they probably would be able to make the reservation 7 months to the day prior to when you want to go. And, no, it would not cost more if their home resort is Boardwalk than if their home resort was the Polynesian. You should be aware, however, that the people whose home resort is the Polynesian will have a few months lead time on any other DVC owner so it's likely that many of the rooms will have already been scarfed up by the time your friend can make the reservation. (Not that it's impossible; just that, with anything new, it's going to be highly desirable to a lot of people just like yourself. :-) )

So, yes, have your friend check on the DVC points chart to determine how much it would 'cost' you to stay there and try to (assuming their home resort is Boardwalk) make that reservation right at the 7 months prior to your stay date. It won't cost more than if they owned at the Polynesian. And if you are truly wanting to stay there but can't get a reservation via DVC, check the Disney site to see how much that would cost as they may have a few rooms available. Good luck!

It will cost more to stay in a studio at the Poly than it will to stay in a studio at the BWV.

It will cost more to stay in a studio at the Poly than it will to stay in a studio at the BWV.

Yes, it will cost more to stay in a studio at Poly than at Boardwalk, but the cost difference won't be because of the fact that the DVC owner's home resort is not the Polynesian but because it costs more points for everyone staying at the new Poly rooms. (That's kind of hard to explain, isn't it? :-) )

Yes, it will cost more to stay in a studio at Poly than at Boardwalk, but the cost difference won't be because of the fact that the DVC owner's home resort is not the Polynesian but because it costs more points for everyone staying at the new Poly rooms. (That's kind of hard to explain, isn't it? :-) )
I think the OP was asking if it would cost her friends more if they decided to stay somewhere other than the BW, which is where they usually stay. And it WILL cost more if they want to stay at the Poly.

I understand your point. I just don't think it answers the question. I'd hate to take advantage of friends by asking them to spend more $$ to accommodate my desire to stay elsewhere and I think that is what the OP was trying to find out.

Ah. LOL. I took it the other way, obviously, that perhaps an owner got a discount at their 'home resort'. Ah well. Unless the OP decides to clarify, we may never know - but we should have both viewpoints covered. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter