How far in advance can you book resort reservations?

RebYork

Reb York
As many of you are, my family is planning a vacation for the 50th in 2021. Some of us will be staying at the Polynesian and some at Animal Kingdom Lodge. How soon before we can call and hold our rooms for 2021? Also, does anyone know when Disney will start it's 50th celebration? I know the official date for the 50 years will be October 2021. Will Disney wait to October or start it at the beginning of 2021?

How many are planning to book your reservations this far out for 2021? I would imagine it will be pretty busy.

As for your question regarding when Disney would start their 50th celebration. I was there for the 25th which officially began October, 1986. We were there in May of 87 and the celebration was still in full swing.

Last edited:

If Disney waits until October of 2021 then we will miss the 50th celebration. Unless we get to go back in 2022. We plan to go in late May or early June. We want to go after my youngest son graduates from high school. I’m sure a lot will be going on even if the celebration hasn’t started.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter