• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How far away are you...

Wanna rent me a room? hahaha

How close is too close? I live in the shadow of the parking garage. It's quicker for me to walk than it is for me to drive...kinda sick isn't it?:banana:

Seems every time we move, we just end up closer and closer to the park. :cool1:

For the record, .6 miles from front door to parking lot tram.

23,056 kilometers or 14,326.334 208 miles - using google, coz Mapquest won't take Australian details for some reason... However, the directions to include "Kayak across the Pacific Ocean Entering Japan" HAHAHA

oh, i can feel the homesickness coming on .... wdw fantasy, i am from cottonwood! go have some buz's, taco shop and black bear for me would ya? oh and then top it off with round table. unless angelo's is still open - i could go for the lunch buffet!:goodvibes

Hey!! I know Cottonwood well. My mom knows it better as that is where she grew up. I have lived in Redding my whole life....all 40 uhumm something years. Buz's, Taco Shop, Black Bear, Round Table and even Angelo's still going strong. They still have the lunch buffet too!!! Looks like you live a lot closer to WDW now...I'll be jealous for that....I love WDW!!

Whadja know?? I lived in Redding for many a year AND Cottonwood as well, in fact I graduated from West Valley HS....

It's a Small World After All......(everybody sing!!) :rockband:

Yes, it is a small world for sure!! I wasn't an Eagle......I went to Liberty Christian so I was a Patriot....long time ago. :goodvibes

Wait! I've found a better distance measurer on Google I'm roughly 7442 miles!

Hi Everyone! Thank-you to everyone for lots of info I had stored in my head for no apparent reason until this past Christmas! We live 2239 miles from Disneyland in Prince Rupert British Columbia. In December we were to fly from our home town to Puerto Vallarta but because of the worst storms in 40 years we spent Chistmas in a hotel room in Anahiem Ca. Howard Johnsons that was! With 3 cancelled flights and 2 rental cars we spent Christmas at Disneyland could have been alot worse; could have been the only other city Alaska Airlines were offering us flights to Phoenix Az! I have been a "lurker" on your board for about 2 years having never really thinking were were going to plan another trip to Disney but I am addicted to travel and travel forums so often I would read about others trips and suggestions; our trip turned out quite good except for missing our friends who made it to Mexico!

Ok, hold onto your hat.

14,417 miles or :banana::banana:23,203kms from Melbourne Australia !! :cheer2:

Ok, hold onto your hat.

14,417 miles or :banana::banana:23,203kms from Melbourne Australia !! :cheer2:

Wow something is wrong somewhere because I'm from Melbourne too and Google maps says 7951 miles

Still a long way, no wonder I am tired when we arrive, as we lose a night sleep on the international dateline.

I'm glad marvel worked out the distance from Melbourne, because that saved me a bit of work. I live in Perth, Western Australia, which is 2,133 miles/3,435km from Melbourne. (our claim to fame is that we are the most isolated capital city - from another capital city - in the world)

So...

I am 16,550 miles (25,638km) from Disneyland.

We were just there in January and I made the most of it because it will probably be 5 years before we get back there again. It costs so much for the airfares that you try to fit in whatever you can while you are there. We went to Hawaii, Las Vegas, Disneyland, San Diego and Los Angeles in four weeks. It was a wonderful holiday, but quite busy. Living in Perth we can't just take a short trip to anywhere. A common saying over here is "it's a packed lunch and water bag trip", and that's just to visit the countryside. To get to another city it is a couple of hours' flight or a day or two driving. I love living here, but I wish it was easier/cheaper to visit places.

Oops... just read Czardas' post. I'm not sure now how far we are from Disneyland, but I DO know it is a long way!!!

Hey ZedAus, that's what googlemaps said so i guess its right. I agree, we always go for a while as well. Love to hear about your trip, did you do a trip report or anything like that??:cool1: Love to hear where you stayed etc.

Hi marvel,

I haven't done a trip report yet, as things were kinda hectic when we got back (I'm a teacher and school started), but with school holidays coming up I may get one done then. We stayed at Camelot Inn and Suites and although it wasn't 'wonderful', it was fine for what we wanted to pay (with 30 nights accommodation to cover) and the location was PERFECT! I was also very impressed with how clean the rooms were kept.

I may also do a trip report for other locations - I LOVED Las Vegas!!!:yay: Stayed at The Paris, LV and couldn't have asked for better accommodation. Mind you, if we had the money I suppose you could convince us to stay at The Bellagio, or perhaps one of the newest places being built on the strip. May have to save a bit harder for the next trip.:rolleyes1

Los Angeles, USA - Perth, Australia - Comparison and Distance between
Distance: 14,998 km / 9,319 miles
http://www.citycomparator.com/compare/164_los_angeles_vs_225_perth.html

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...sspn=0.051714,0.09819&g=perth&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=2

This is for Los Angeles to Perth and as you can see I am told to got to Washington state, kayak across the Pacific Ocean to Hawaii then to northern Japan then southwest across Japan to Nagasaki where I am told to head south to the northwestern part of Australia then across Australia southward to PERth.

:laughing:

Thanks mechurchlady. When my hubby looked up the distances he got closer to what marvel found, so I'm not sure why there is such a big difference, using the same program. Oh well... it's still a L-O-N-G way.

Thanks for the directions, but I think I'll stick with flying the WHOLE way. I'm not sure my kayaking skills are quite up to such a long paddle. Mind you, I'd wear off a LOT of Tigger Tails if I paddled that distance huh?

For me it said 7504.1miles, however I am sure when I get my frequent flyer points it is around 12000(ie about 12000 miles).
So somewhere in the middle.:thumbsup2

Very jealous of all you locals -anyone that is less than 5000 miles away;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter