How excitingly strange!!! I just booked Halloween!

FWRR3

Engineer for "The Little FWRR"
OK, I'm pretty new here, but have been lurking for a while. (We are locals.) I've been working on a Halloween display that I wanted to show at the Fort, but we've never stayed there. Then I got :sick:, and it's gonna be tight to get it finished in time. Anyway, I had talked to my wife about asking on here if anyone would allow us to team up with them on Halloween, and use my display.

But, a few minutes ago, almost as a joke, I went to on-line reservations (for the first time ever!) and put in for ONE NIGHT, checkin Oct 31, checkout Nov 1, and I got a preferred site! :yay: Is that possible???:mickeyjum

No, we don't have an RV, but we may have a unique, slightly unfinished Halloween display. Stay tuned, and I'll let you know if we make it.

We just want to give away some candy!

(Hint: I'm a member of Carolwood Pacific Historical Society!)

OK, I'm pretty new here, but have been lurking for a while. (We are locals.) I've been working on a Halloween display that I wanted to show at the Fort, but we've never stayed there. Then I got :sick:, and it's gonna be tight to get it finished in time. Anyway, I had talked to my wife about asking on here if anyone would allow us to team up with them on Halloween, and use my display.

But, a few minutes ago, almost as a joke, I went to on-line reservations (for the first time ever!) and put in for ONE NIGHT, checkin Oct 31, checkout Nov 1, and I got a preferred site! :yay: Is that possible???:mickeyjum

No, we don't have an RV, but we may have a unique, slightly unfinished Halloween display. Stay tuned, and I'll let you know if we make it.

We just want to give away some candy!

(Hint: I'm a member of Carolwood Pacific Historical Society!)

Hi!

I know nada about availability of campsites -I haven't even been camping since I was a child. I just lurk on here because I love FW.

I am posting to say you've made my night. I was just over on another section getting irritated. But you've changed that! Your spirit is lovely - your way of thinking about life is contagious.

In short, I just ADORED your post.

That is exciting. Have fun. I wish I could see it in person. Post pictures, okay?

Oh and hope you're feeling better. :goodvibes

Ok some higher power (The Great Pumpkin??) must REALLY want you to get your display to the Fort because a one night reservation, booked online FOR HALLOWEEN NIGHT, booked 6 days prior?!?!

That is a flippin' miracle!!

Now I REALLY wish I was going to be there to see this masterpiece. Please be sure to post pics/videos.

Have a wonderful time!

great-pumpkin-charlie-brown.jpg

I believe it.

Since Halloween falls on a Sunday this year, I suspect that some folks will be heading home on Sunday, and that there will be open sites on Sunday night.

Just an FYI, if you want to be part of the competition for the site decorating contest, it appears that the judging will take place on Saturday night, the 30th: 2010 WDW Halloween Resort Activities

TCD

Welcome !!
Sounds to me like some kinda Disney Magic was involved,,pixiedust:,,
musta been meant for you to bring that display to the Fort,,:thumbsup2

please take pics anf post'em for us who aren't able to be there.

We'll be at the Fort 10/28-11/6. We're going to MNSSHP on the 31st, but really would love to see your display. What time will you be there and set up?

Lisaviolet, if I made your night, then you just made my day! Thanks.

And thanks to all who have offered encouragement. It's going to be a busy week, if I can just shake this bug! Need to find a tent, and candy too. I thought TOT'ing started at five o'clock, but now I see four to six. I hope to be set up by then. I hope I can live up to the expectations! :scared1:

How exciting! I hope you get whatever it is done in time! And I can't wait to see pictures and/or videos!

I wish we were local, that would be such a fun place to take DD to trick or treat :)

I hope you have a wonderful time!!!

Let us know what site you're on when you get here and we'll come by. :)

And thanks to all who have offered encouragement. It's going to be a busy week, if I can just shake this bug! Need to find a tent, and candy too. I thought TOT'ing started at five o'clock, but now I see four to six. I hope to be set up by then. I hope I can live up to the expectations! :scared1:

TOT starts at 5 at FW but I think it starts at 4 at WL. (that does get confusing sometimes!!) You're going to have great time!!

Thanks, ya'll! You guys are great. I hope this comes together. The main item for my display is in California, shipping tomorrow, and arriving on Friday (where's the praying symbol?). Yes, TCD, we'll miss the contest, but I'm not even sure what I plan would qualify. No big deal, we are just trying to have some fun, and do something the kids might enjoy.:clown:

OH, thank you, jaysbabe! I guess I misread the time. Another hour is great!:banana:

That is Greta news!! We always camped at the Fort growing up. DS wanted to stay at the Contemporary for his birthday trip so I am going with hesitation. i was planning on taking the boat over to See the dispalys and maybe let the kids trick or treat about 10 sites but now I am worried that we won't be able to because we aren't staying at the campground. Maybe I should try to book also!! Actually I did but our dates were already booked. We are hoping for a family reunion trip next Thanksgiving and I really wanted to come over and see all the displays. Pixi dust that everything arrives on time!

Sweet of you. You're welcome. I can't wait to see. popcorn::

Such fun. :goodvibes

OK, DaveInTN may be on to something! ;)

Is ynottony99 going to be at the Fort on Halloween?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter