How easy is it to switch fast pass+ attractions day of?

tommygunn

Maniacal Disney Addict!!!!!
Fellow Disnerds,

How hard or easy is it to switch fast pass+ attractions last minute? One of my concerns is that you will not be able to easily switch your choices the day of. Anyone have any experience with this!

In September with fewer resorts testing, there were not a lot of choices to make immediate or within an hour switches. Sometimes the popular rides were not available for the rest of the day. Also the system was slow.

It could be totally different with more/all? resorts testing. I assume more FPs are available overall, but also more people are trying to get them of course.

I can only speak for Monday, October 21st. We had a FP+ for RNRC, but looking at our plans for the rest of the day, we were looking at walking all the way over to Star Tours/Muppets, walking back to RNRC, walking back over that way to Pizza Planet, then walking BACK for Fantasmic.

I got on MDE and was able to move our RNRC to a time ten minutes from the current time, go ride it, and then head over to ST/Muppet Vision area and do what we wanted to do over there.

This was around 3 or 4 in the afternoon?

We were there Columbus day weekend. It was easy to make changes first thing in the morning on the day you had fp's booked, but it got harder to do by mid-day.

I will be interested to hear how easy it is Thanksgiving week. We are headed there for Christmas, so I am waiting to hear for that week.

We were there Oct. 5 thru Oct 10th. I talked my son into riding RNRC for the first time (it was a hard sell), so I changed out my Fantasmic fastpass+ for the RNRC...no problems at all...there were still several times to choose from. I loved having that option!

One glitch I found was if I tried to switch a FP+ reservation while on wifi, I got the "no experiences available" error. But if I turned off my wifi and just used my cellphone's data, I could change the FP+ without a problem. Basically, it seemed like the wifi service was so overused and spotty, it wasn't connecting properly to the server.

We were there Columbus day weekend. It was easy to make changes first thing in the morning on the day you had fp's booked, but it got harder to do by mid-day.

I agree about the morning. I didn't try in the afternoon. I was there Oct 9-13. It was easy, no problems. I even changed one FP+ on the bus on the way to HS.

For most rides we had no problems changing times/experiences. However for rides like Soarin', Test Track and Toy Story it was nearly impossible to switch them the day of. In fact by 10am most days of our trip all of these were unavailable for FP+ thru MDE for changing so we had to lose it all together or make it work. We were there 10/11-10/20.

I was there 10/18 to 10/21 and was able to change my FP+ choices very easily.

I changed my Soarin time three times in the same day to make it work with our schedule. And this was on a weekend day during Food and Wine.

I was also able to switch my MK FPs around day of. I switched HM for Splash and then changed Splash to Space when we decided we didn't want to walk all the way back to Frontierland after riding Buzz.

I adjusted Test Track several times as well. It was great and generally very, very easy. And I was a bigtime skeptic.:confused3

It depends somewhat on the ride. A ride like TSM can be difficult others can be easy. I've changed some every day this week and had success every time.

One glitch I found was if I tried to switch a FP+ reservation while on wifi, I got the "no experiences available" error. But if I turned off my wifi and just used my cellphone's data, I could change the FP+ without a problem. Basically, it seemed like the wifi service was so overused and spotty, it wasn't connecting properly to the server.

There's definitely a glitch but I don't think it's wifi related, just something in MDE. I used only wifi and made many changes. But if I got that error I backed out to MDE menu, tried again and it worked.

We're just back from 2 weeks at WDW. I was happily chopping and changing FPs on the day as we found out which rides DD(8) was keen to do and which she needed more persuading before she'd try - I must have changed the RnRC about 6 times! I did not try to change TSM but other popular rides were easily switched up through mid afternoon.

I think I got some lucky glitches because I made the odd switch where the original FP+ remained in the system and still worked on the day.

And also, even though my tickets are now expired I can still keep booking FP+ on the system (not that I have, I was just curious and have cancelled the ones I experimented with for next week...).

I switched them around everyday that we've been here including the "popular" rides with no problems:)

You'll have no problem with second tier attractions.

If you want to switch around TSMM, Soarin', Test Track and Enchanted Tales, good luck!

I'm on MDE right now, and if you wanted to switch things around for today (and remember the park doesn't even open for another half hour), you are out of luck for TSMM (no FP+ available), you only have a choice of later evening for Soarin and test track (the 6 and 7 o'clock hour for Soarin', and 8:45-9:45 for Test track). For Enchanted Tales, well, MDE is not letting me into Magic Kingdom FP+ pool at all (stupid glitchy system!!!), so that you'd be out of luck as well.

Just for fun I checked Sunday for Enchanted Tales (since it won't let me check today), I can go at 10:45-11:45 or 5:15-6:15.

Everything else seems OK, but those attractions were never a problem under the old FP system anyway.

Same day availability is pretty much a joke when it comes to any attraction that had availability issues prior to FP+, this is just a shell game. There are the same number of winners and losers. Good luck to everyone.

Any news on the in-parks kiosks to change your FP+?

No way I'm using my phone while being on vacation. We'll have my iPod touch to connect to wi-fi if we have to but I'm wondering if they do have the kiosks and if they do, does it work well?

Thanks in advance!

Any news on the in-parks kiosks to change your FP+?

No way I'm using my phone while being on vacation. We'll have my iPod touch to connect to wi-fi if we have to but I'm wondering if they do have the kiosks and if they do, does it work well?

Thanks in advance!

When I was there (Sept 20-Oct 1st), the kiosks worked better than MDE on my phone. I found it was faster to just walk to the nearest kiosk to make changes than it was to wait for the page to load on my phone.

Keep in mind I was there before the majority of resorts rolled out, but I rarely had to wait to use a kiosk. Occasionally I had to wait behind one family, but it was still faster than using my phone.

When I was there (Sept 20-Oct 1st), the kiosks worked better than MDE on my phone. I found it was faster to just walk to the nearest kiosk to make changes than it was to wait for the page to load on my phone.

Keep in mind I was there before the majority of resorts rolled out, but I rarely had to wait to use a kiosk. Occasionally I had to wait behind one family, but it was still faster than using my phone.

Great!

Do you remember where the kiosks were?

We had planned to hop to mk today and use fp+ there, but my daughter fell asleep so I canceled the fp+ because we were going to miss the times. Instead I was going to try and get something for later tonight since the park is open till midnight, but it won't let me choose mk again.

Not real happy, but oh well, I guess it was my fault, still wish the system was more flexible, the strictness of it has not been enjoyable for us because we like to go with the flow.

Posted from Disboards.com App for Android

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter