How easy is it to change/request a pool view?

DisneyFanEmily

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this is a dumb question......I'm new to making room reservations. My mother has already booked our rooms, standard view with no other requests at the yacht club. Would it be possible for me to call and upgrade to a pool/lagoon view? I wanted to do it as a surprise, but not sure if I even can, as it will be a different credit card and name on the card.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Sorry if this is a dumb question......I'm new to making room reservations. My mother has already booked our rooms, standard view with no other requests at the yacht club. Would it be possible for me to call and upgrade to a pool/lagoon view? I wanted to do it as a surprise, but not sure if I even can, as it will be a different credit card and name on the card.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

My mother and I frequently travel together. I have called and upgraded/changed resorts before. Usually she will make the initial booking and then I call in and "enhance" everything mightily. Yes, I believe that so long as you are on the reservation you can call in and make changes and use your card.

My mother and I frequently travel together. I have called and upgraded/changed resorts before. Usually she will make the initial booking and then I call in and "enhance" everything mightily. Yes, I believe that so long as you are on the reservation you can call in and make changes and use your card.

That's good to know. I've tried it twice when my parents treated us but was told only the lead person, my Mom, could make any changes. Next time I will ask to speak to someone else or a supervisor.

That's good to know. I've tried it twice when my parents treated us but was told only the lead person, my Mom, could make any changes. Next time I will ask to speak to someone else or a supervisor.

For example on the last trip she paid for the room and tickets initially. I called in and paid for the dining plan, upgraded the view, and added some days at a different resort plus extended the tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter