How early to leave AKL for Epcot rope drop?

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
I keep looking but can't find an answer. I would like to be at Epcot around park opening at 9am during the week but have no idea how early I should be at AKL bus stop. It looks like the bus ride is 20 mins? Should I be fine arriving at the bus stop 8:30am or should I anticipate ariving earlier? I know disney buses are far from predictable and this is all best guess, but I'm happy for any help!

I usually aim to be at the bus stop, no matter the resort, about 45 minutes before park opening when I want to be there before or just after park opening. Only once have I not gotten to the park before or within 5 minutes of opening due to an unusually long wait for a bus.

I would recommend a minimum of 45 minutes because you have to allow additional time if you just miss the bus and need to wait for the next one. If you want to be at Epcot before the park opens or if you want to be at the front of the line for rope drop I would allow an hour.

If you are planning to get on the bus at Jambo House - in March 2015 and March 2014 the buses around 8:30 am were filled at Kidani. They were standing room only by the time they got to Jambo. I ended up taking cabs.

If you are planning to get on the bus at Jambo House - in March 2015 and March 2014 the buses around 8:30 am were filled at Kidani. They were standing room only by the time they got to Jambo. I ended up taking cabs.
Beginning a month or so ago, all theme parks now have separate buses from Kidani & Jambo in the a.m.

I think the first question is how close to the front of the line do you want to be? On Sept 28th we arrived at the EPCOT gate at 8:20 and were about 5 groups, maybe 15 people, back from the front of the line. We also encountered the new opening sequence. They started letting people through the gate at 8:40. We were then held at a rope across the walkway through Innoventions (headed towards Soarin') until about 8:50. We ended up walking right into the welcome video at Soarin'. Have a magical trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter