• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How early to book flights with Airmiles?

SkRiderMom

Earning My Ears
Hi there,

We are planning our third trip to Disneyland this year (Nov. 28- Dec. 5) but this time we are hoping to go using Airmiles. We have enough Airmiles right now to book the flights and the flights are available on the Airmiles website. My DD12 thinks it's a little obsessive to book so early but I don't know if there are only a certain amount of flights available through Airmiles or what. Does anyone have any experience booking flights with Airmiles they could share? It does make me a little nervous to think about booking so early in case we couldn't go for some reason.

Hi there,

We are planning our third trip to Disneyland this year (Nov. 28- Dec. 5) but this time we are hoping to go using Airmiles. We have enough Airmiles right now to book the flights and the flights are available on the Airmiles website. My DD12 thinks it's a little obsessive to book so early but I don't know if there are only a certain amount of flights available through Airmiles or what. Does anyone have any experience booking flights with Airmiles they could share? It does make me a little nervous to think about booking so early in case we couldn't go for some reason.

I bought our 4 tickets to WDW Orlando this year for our trip. It was the 1st time using Airmiles. I bought my tickets approx 5 months before our trip. Before buying, I certainly saw that some of the connections changed - along with the taxes they would charge. If I recall, the availability also changed up between AC & Westjet as well. The biggest issue was getting flights with the fewest connections - those seem to go first - so if you see something you like - book it - the price won't get any lower.

I agree. If you see something available, you might want to go ahead and book it as they may be gone the next time you check.

One year for a WDW trip in December, I booked the flights in February. It's never too early where Disney is concerned! :)

Definitely not too early. If you know you are using Airmiles for flights for sure-book now. Airmiles seats go quickly. Also, I think there is a sale on right now if you book before January 31. Remember you still have to pay taxes.

You may get a better deal on flights if you wait and book directly with the airline. However, you can't beat free (well almost free) ;)

Thanks so much for the input, I knew that the DIS would be able to help me out. :goodvibes We'll have to make sure of our dates and get it booked. :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter