How early to arrive at parks?

buddyboo

Earning My Ears
What time is best to arrive at the parks when doing early entry? 30 minutes prior to opening? We'll already have our tickets. Thanks!

When we were there in Dec. we took advantage of the early entry.

We went right to a lot of rides. HM, Dumbo, etc.

I did not realize how busy the parks were until around 2:00.
We were sitting on a wall eating a Mickey Bar, I looked up and asked my husband where all these people came from!

He just laughed and said they got here about 2 hours ago!
I did not even realize it!

Go early! Enjoy no lines!

Lisajl

The best time to arrive to take advantage of EE is to be there at least 1hr 15 minutes before official opening - so for example Monday at AK, official opening is 0900, be there around 0745 or so to be in or near the front for the 0800 EE entry

if using WDW transport or MK this could be a little dicey based on the time you are at the bus stops and when they come to your resort

I am assuming you are staying at a WDW resort or the Hilton in DTD to qualify for EE

If not, then it is best to avoid the EE parks and go to a different park

Thanks
jaysue

We try to be at the gates no later than 20 minutes before EMH opening time. We only did EMH once during our last visit and it was at MGM. The gates opened around 7:40 but there is a rope blocking off the attraction areas. This was the same for us when we went to MK during EE during prior visits.

We have visited EPCOT during EE on prior visits and we always arrived more than 20 minutes prior to EE opening and the gates were already open and people were in the park; we went straight to Test Track. I don't know if this is still typical for EPCOT.

If you get to MGM gates before the open and there are long lines, don't get in the middle. There are two entry gates on the far right when facing the entrance which initially have the tall iron gate blocking them so that they appear as though they won't be used. When we were there, the iron gate was rolled back about 5 minutes before the CM's started letting guests enter. No one was in line behind those entry gates except for me until the iron gate was rolled back, then a bunch of people shifted over into those two lines. We also arrived another time and got in the line on the far left. Because of the ropes in place, the line on the far left actually ended up feeding 3 or 4 entry gates, so that line moved very fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter