How early is to early is to early to start planning?

Belleoftheballl

Mouseketeer
I'm not even engaged yet ( but I know it's coming ) and I'm obsessed with plannin and getting research. I have always loved Disney and never thought I could get married at the world but the more I look I think it's possible.

We are saving to buy a house so we don't want to get married till either November 2014 or November 2015... Leaning more to 2015. Is it too early to start planning.. A bit?

I say it's never too early to start gathering ideas. :thumbsup2 Pricing and package offerings will change between now and then, but the more research you do, the better idea you'll have about what you want when the time comes. I'd just avoid making any wedding-related purchases for a bit yet. :teeth:

Never too early. I lurked around here for a good two years before I got engaged. It has been so helpful with gathering information. I agree that I wouldn't buy any major purchases until closer...I am waiting until next year.

I've been lurking here since 2008. I got engaged in 2010 and we are 3 weeks from our wedding! Our vision changed so much during this time, I agree about not purchasing anything until you're a bit closer.

Thanks!!!! These replies make me feel better about my obsession hahahah.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

Plan away! I started looking at Disney weddings just to see what they were like, so that when the day came if I already knew it wasn't something we could afford I wouldn't have my hopes up, I'd already know if it would be possible or not. It became addictive to look at people's pictures and read their PJs and TRs so I kept going!! That happened to be (but I didn't know at the time) a year before I got engaged. I had read so many things by then that it became much easier to nail down what I wanted and what would be possible once I was engaged. I'm glad I did my research in advance! In hindsight I don't think I would have known where to start otherwise! :thumbsup2

i'm nowhere near engaged(i don't even have a boyfriend!) but i know i want to get married at disney world with a beauty and the beast theme, i think. i'd love for it to be on 12/13/14 but we'll see

My DF bought me Carrie's book two years before he decided to pop the question. I started researching and then stopped for a while. I picked it back up early this year when he gave me a little push. Now that we're engaged, I have a really good idea of how I want everything to look and feel. We're still waiting to see if we got our requested date and we even know what food we want to serve! Of course, that may change when we go to our planning session.

I do agree with everyone that you should hold off buying anything until the date is closer. Styles change so much and you will probably change your mind a million times before everything is set. I know I have been. :)

I'm not engaged yet either, but I know I want a Disney wedding. My boyfriend and I had our first kiss at SBP so that's a really special place for us. We're thinking about a wedding in early 2015, and i've already had so many ideas, and i changed my mind about 1000 times already :) Glad to know i'm not the only one with a slight obsession

I'm almost engaged...just waiting for the "official"-ness (i.e. a ring...and the question...LOL). He's been hinting not long (before New Years).

Everyone already knows it's coming. Everyone's even throwing out wedding ideas already.

We both know we want an at-home Disney wedding with a Disney Cruise and Disney World honeymoon. :wizard: We're hoping for April 5, 2014 (which will be our 5 year anniversary).

So...no! It's not too soon to start planning in my opinion!

I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one too!! I am also just wanting for the ring and question, LOL. We are thinking of a Disney wedding at Aulani with a Disney Cruise and a few days at Disney (to sure if world or land) for the honeymoon.

Never too early, my boyfriend and I have been together over 5 years now and I know we are having a Disney wedding. I started looking, researching, and taking notes of what I want a few years ago. This way when he finally pops the question which I think will happen before the end of the year I will already know what I want. :)

Thanks for the idea! I just put the bug in his ear. We have an incredible love story & now it's just a matter of time. We are almost five years in. Strange though that I'm actually comfortable with things just the way they are right now!

With a Disney wedding I really don't think you can ever start the research too early. We've had a long engagement (a year and a half and we're still a little under a year from the wedding!) and while I felt impatient at the beginning, having time to read through all the PJs here, questions on the boards, Carrie's book, and just do general research has really been invaluable. We have just recently officially booked with DFTW and I know that had I not had that research time I would be totally overwhelmed right now. Doing the research gives you the best opportunity to take advantage of everything DFTW has to offer, especially while making the best of your budget!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter