• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How early have you been able to check in?

mom2cse

Earning My Ears
I know nothing is set in stone and am aware of the check in policy, but I wanted to hear how early people have been able to check in, especially during non peak times.

We will be getting to Disney around noon and will not make it a park day. We would love to be able to check in and get our 2 year old down for a bit of a nap before heading out for dinner.

Also, would we be better getting our luggage ourselves from the airport in case we can get a nap in, or does ME deliver it without causing much of a commotion? Thank you so much!

I don't know where you're staying but I personally never count on having a room until after 4:00. I would pack anything I might need in our carry-on luggage. We leave everything with Bell Services until the room is ready...but we usually head straight to the parks if it's not a late evening arrival. If I were not planning on going to the parks I would pack a bathing suit or whatever I might need and just plan on having lunch & going to the pool until the room is ready. We HAVE had a couple of times when we were able to get into a room early but I just wouldn't count on it and would have a plan B.

mom2cse said:
I know nothing is set in stone and am aware of the check in policy, but I wanted to hear how early people have been able to check in, especially during non peak times.

We will be getting to Disney around noon and will not make it a park day. We would love to be able to check in and get our 2 year old down for a bit of a nap before heading out for dinner.

Also, would we be better getting our luggage ourselves from the airport in case we can get a nap in, or does ME deliver it without causing much of a commotion? Thank you so much!

You may check-in as early as 6 am EST when the computers roll over.

Depending on how busy the resort is and your requests, if you do check-in around noon, a room will be ready for you.

Let ME deliver the luggage at that time of day; you should pack clothes for at least 24 hours anyway.

You will have plenty of time! Enjoy!

Our last trip we were able to check into POFQ at around 1:30. This was the first and only time we've ever been able to check in early. Good lucky though, I always hope for an early check in!

we have gotten into our rooms at 10 AM and then been times was not until after 3 or 4. on the ME and luggage they only pick up at airport so many times a day and they drop at bell services and it is hard to be --quite--and open any resort door and deliver luggage quitely--the door alone would waken anyone. if you want quite then would pick them up at airport and take with you

DME will have your luggage delivered within 3 hrs. We always pack essentials in our carry on, change of clothes, bathing suit and PJs. Any toiletries we'll be needing too in travel sizes.

We decided to swim after arriving, and by the time we got back to our room the luggage was there in our room.

We've checked in as early as 8AM, and all but one time we had a room ready. We go in Jan & late August.

Disney is very flexible if your room is not ready. They will notify you via text when your room is ready. They can also store your luggage. I've never had to wait for a room so I guess I've been lucky so far.

I usually don't go to the parks until the next day anyway (I want to get the most out of my park admission.)so I'm in no rush except to relax after the plane ride...go for a swim and head to DD for dinner. For my upcoming trip, I've got narcoossees booked so I'm really looking toward to dining there for the first time.

Wait, technically I think the issue here is check in vs the room being ready. Just because you might be able to check in doesn't mean you'll be able to walk right into your room.

On our last trip we were at the hotel by 10:30 and our room was ready right away at All Star Movies.

As far as the luggage, they don't make a ton of noise, but between the knock on the door and the shuffling of the luggage, it would depend on how light of a sleeper your 2 year old is.

I would not collect my own luggage though, it's such a nice perk to not have to worry about it.

Late September, we checked in at 9:30 am. We had no room requests. We were at POFQ and at least one building was down for refurb. We were texted with our room assignment at 1:30. We already had our KTTW card and were able to get in the room immediately after that.

We vacation at Disney multiple times per year, sometimes staying at more than one resort per trip. We always arrive and check in at the resort before official check in time. We are always able to get our KTTK card, but the vast majority of our stays, our room isn't ready yet. I would plan on your room not being ready - have a back-up plan on what your family will do until 4:00 or so, if your room isn't ready until then. I feel your pain about naps and no rooms - we were in your shoes when our boys were little. We would plan on an afternoon at the pool, or a visit to a theme park and let them nap in their stroller.

We were able to check in at PoR at 6am. It was awesome. I assume that isn't the norm though.

That is the norm. With the new computer system, it rolls over at 6 am; used to be 7 am.

Everyone has to realize that for "Disney-speak", check-in means something totally different than regular hotels.

For Disney, you need to "check-in" as early as possible to get your tickets and your dining plan, if you have it. Then it becomes nothing more than room availability, which should occur no later than 3 pm for regular resorts (their posted time of "check-in") and at 4 pm for DVC when they start rolling out the rooms.

The only time I ever stayed at the Poly, we arrived around 10 am. Not only did we get our room right away but, we were upgraded to a beautiful room with a view of the fireworks and castle. It was magical!!!

We always have a very early flight arriving to MCO. We always have been able to check-in early.. the majority of our visits the room has been ready, a few times not. We visit during slow times of the year though so that may be why. In September my flight will be arriving in Orlando at 9am so I am planning on arriving at POFQ by 10:30am... if its not ready then I will head to a park until they text me. Its always a hit or miss with early check-in.

My family mostly goes to disney during the slowest times of the year, therefore we usually get into our rooms fairly early. There have been times we've arrived off the magical express at 10am and were able to get into our rooms immediately. I would add to that by saying the latest during the offseason we get into rooms is maybe 2pm.

Most of the time we get checked in around 11:30 am.

Couple of times it was 1pm or so.

One year we stayed at a value resort for one night prior to checking into the Polynesian. We drove over to the Poly next morning, arriving at 9:00 a.m. Much to our surprise, our room was ready!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter