how early for rope drop?

I'm subscribing because I would like to know too! I will be there the week after Carsland, so I assume we will have to get there earlier.

The gates open for rope drop about 30 minutes or less before that park opens.

If you want to be at the front near the rope 45 is fine, but getting to the parks 30 minutes early works for me.

Security opens 1 hours before park opening on non-MM days. It opens about 90 mins before park opening on MM days (30 mins before MM).

We usually do 30 - 45 mins early.

DBF and I like to do 40 min early, but I don't know how that will change with CL opening up. Have a great time!

The turnstiles and the rope drop are on opposite ends of Main Street, right?

The turnsytles are behind the gates on the edge of the parks. You then go through the tunnels under the train station and come out on Main Street. The Rope drop is at the Hub, far end of Main Street.

Is rope drop only at busy times of the year? We were there last September and every morning they had us lined up behind the turnstiles until DL opened, but the previous August every morning had rope drop at the end of Main Street. Just curious...

By "Security", do you mean main street?

The security stations are at the entrances to the Esplanade between DCA and DL. From there you go to the turnstiles where the tickets are scanned, and then inside to the end of Main Street for the rope drop.

The security stations are at the entrances to the Esplanade between DCA and DL. From there you go to the turnstiles where the tickets are scanned, and then inside to the end of Main Street for the rope drop.

Do all 3 of those things (security, turnstiles, rope drop) open at different times?

I've seen that, on non-magic morning days, the answer is "yes". The bag check starts first (although in my experience, less than hour before park opening). The turnstiles open maybe 30 to 20 minutes earlier than the official time. The physical rope drop is about 3-5 minutes before. The stampede starts, er, people are let in to the rest of Disneyland ... usually about a minute after the park "opens".

Do all 3 of those things (security, turnstiles, rope drop) open at different times?

Security checks bags and you have to go through it before you enter the enterance plaze between the parks or to go to DTD from harbor. - this opens60 mins before park opening or 90 mins before Magic Mornings

Turnstiles are where you enter the park, get your ticket scanned. - The turnstiles open either at park opening or up to 30 mins before park opening.

Rope Drop is at the end of Main Street at the hub - Rope Drop is at park opening but only occurs if they allow entry to Main Street before park opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter