How Early Can You Check Into

jjskribs

<font color=purple>The TF is not a baseball fan, s
the Swan? We may be staying off site the first night and was just wondering how early we can check in the following morning. I know the room won't be ready until around 3 but can I check in before then so that I can park at the Swan. (We'll leave suitcases in the car). I might want to use EE on that day. I'm looking at checking in around 7AM... is that possible?

You bet! I am switching resorts and plan to check into AKL at about 6:30 AM before heading off to an EE park. I know they wont have a room ready and even if they did I just want to get it done with and run. We would return in the afternoon to unpack, swim, nap and then off again for the evening.

No prob. checking in early...if your room isn't ready, you can just check your bags with the Bell Desk.

Hey...I find it interesting you are getting info. from 2 SEATTLE area people!!!!

dreaminofdisney---we live on Bainbridge. Wow...how do we do those coast-to-coast hauls????

I'm not sure of the exact check in time at the Swan/Dolphin resorts but the Disney resorts you can check in as early as 8:00 a.m. with official time being 3:00 p.m.

Sue Ellen

Hi:wave:
We always get to the resort around 9:00am and wait for our room. We are usually in our room within an hour. Note- We always stay onsite so I cannot vouch for the Swan or Dolphin.

Not sure about Swan and Dolphin but we have checked in as early as 6:30 AM with no problems at WDW.

We have always checked in before 3pm. Granted it's usually in the fall but we have gotten there as early as 11:30am and we were lucky a room was ready and they gave it to us.

I am a chronic early riser (even on vacation)...my usual ritual is to leave whatever hotel we are in and drive to our new hotel about 5:30 or 6AM and do check in. There is never anyone at the desk that early and the night staff actually seems glad to have something to do and are quite helpful. Usually there is not a room available...but then I don't expect it, but the check in is taken care of, you have your parking pass and room keys in hand. (you can also check at that point to see if your room request has been honored and if not it is MUCH easier for them to rearrange room assignments then, as opposed to later in the day after other people have checked into rooms and there may not be a way to accomodate your request). Then I pick up some coffee and breakfast and drive back to the old hotel and by then everyone else in the family is up and moving (usually).

We can hit the parks early and when we are ready to go back to the hotel you just call the number they gave you at check in and they give you your room assignment.

It always makes me happy to walk right past the long check in line as we head to the room mid to late afternoon. (especially the Sunday afternoon line at Old Key West!! It is the worst!)

I have done this many times at OKW, Swan, AKL, WL, Poly, CR and YC. So you can check in whenever you want, and save some time later in the day when you would rather be in your room getting settled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter