• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How early can you book ADB using DVC points?

MrsG

<font color=peach>We teachers ARE the worst!<br><f
DH & I are looking at a 2013 ABD. Do we have to wait until the points for ABD2013 are released or can we book now for summer 2013. Also is there a point discount if you book early and what's early?

Thanks.

OOPS, I mean ABD!!!!!!LOL

DH & I are looking at a 2013 ABD. Do we have to wait until the points for ABD2013 are released or can we book now for summer 2013. Also is there a point discount if you book early and what's early?

Thanks.

OOPS, I mean ABD!!!!!!LOL
Is there a trip you're looking at that already has dates out there for 2013? (A few select trips do). If so, my understanding is they use the same DVC points as 2012, because anything out there now is technically considered a 2012 departure. The "actual" 2013 dates, if ABD follows what they've previously done, won't be out until July or August of 2012, so you won't be able to book those until then.

Sayhello

ETA: So I went and checked, and I couldn't find any ABD's currently scheduled beyond April of 2013. So if you really mean summer of 2013, then those won't be out until, as I said above, July or August of 2012. There's nothing for you to book for summer of 2013 until then. Now, that can always change, but so far, that's how ABD has done it.

I don't know too much about DVC, but I don't recall anyone ever mentioning an Early booking discount on ABD's using points. I'm pretty sure it's always been a fixed number of points per trip. I'm sure if I'm wrong, someone will correct me!

We used DVC points for our 2008 Ireland trip. We did get a small discount in points if we booked another trip within 10 days.

We were able to book the vacation as soon as the points came out for the trip, which, coincidentally, was when they released the points for the trip. In theory, if the trip exists, you are able to book up to 24-months out (according the DVC rules) of the first day of the trip.

But as I said, as soon as the points come out, you can book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter