• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How early before a trip do you pack?

Skippy24

Mouseketeer
Today is my 10 day mark and honestly i've started slowly packing a few days ago. But it's taking alot of will power to not have my bag completely packed and ready to go even if its still 10 days out. This has also become a huge joke to people who know me and make fun of me for packing so early. So I was wondering does anyone else pack early?
:thumbsup2

Today is my 10 day mark and honestly i've started slowly packing a few days ago. But it's taking alot of will power to not have my bag completely packed and ready to go even if its still 10 days out. This has also become a huge joke to people who know me and make fun of me for packing so early. So I was wondering does anyone else pack early?
:thumbsup2

Yes.....Memememe I have had certain things packed for a few weeks :cool1: Tomorrow I am packing everything :thumbsup2

I leave 4am friday, I packed today which is unusually early for me, only to discover it will be in the 70s in Florida during the day and cold at night brrrr! Out come the shorts!

Oh dear I feel really bad , we are not going to WDW again for over 18months , but i'm already gathering bits and bobs for my cases, I already have things like my hairbrush , hairbands, disney fan, lanyards, and some of hubbys stuff packed away :O

If i'm in a store and I see something that will be useful I'll buy it and pack it , like wise any clothes that are in the sale I'll buy and pack

* Hides behind laptop in shame *

There is mental packing, and then there is physical packing. We start the mental part the day we finalize our dates. Lists, ADRs, itineraries, etc. etc. The physical packing is the day before.

For any planned-ahead trip, I generally start packing around 1-2 weeks before. Anything I might not want/need to wear before a trip gets packed first (bathing suits, sunscreen, CamelBak, etc). Everything else is usually done 2-3 days before.

No matter how much I try to get a list down, there is always *something* that gets forgotten until the night before or day of, though. :rotfl:

There is mental packing, and then there is physical packing. We start the mental part the day we finalize our dates. Lists, ADRs, itineraries, etc. etc. The physical packing is the day before.

Same here! I think about what we'll need months beforehand (sets of clothes, hair things, toiletries, travel sizes/normal sizes...), start buying anything that needs purchased about a month ahead (gotta nab those sale prices) and leave everything in their shopping bags in the closet. About two days before the trip I take inventory to make sure we don't need to buy anything else and then everything gets packed the night/a few hours before travel while checking each item off the list. I'm the kind of person who'll dig back through everything just to make sure the sunscreen got packed and then make everyone late if it's not done at the last minute.

I'm 37 days out and already have a small bag open on my floor full of things I need to take with me, but most of my clothes won't be packed until the day before.

I pack the day before we leave. I can't pack an earlier as I can't remember what I have and haven't packed. I do it all at once, the night before.

Just under 2 months here and mentally planning the packing. I didn't put my suitcase away from the last trip. Hehe

I keep my "Disney Supplies" in rubbermaid bins that hold things like ponchos, my disney back pack, pool gear, window decorating supplies, air mattress etc. So that stuff is always packed and ready to go! :thumbsup2

Clothes and toiletries? I start packing those 1-2 weeks before a trip.

Oh, and my lists, don't even get me started on my packing lists! :rotfl2: I'm such a nerd!

Oh dear I feel really bad , we are not going to WDW again for over 18months , but i'm already gathering bits and bobs for my cases, I already have things like my hairbrush , hairbands, disney fan, lanyards, and some of hubbys stuff packed away :O

If i'm in a store and I see something that will be useful I'll buy it and pack it , like wise any clothes that are in the sale I'll buy and pack

I've done the same thing!! Booked the trip in February, and made lists right away of what to pack. Bought travel sized goodies and other items disboarders recommended, and just considering starting to pack! LOL It was nice to purchase things all year, so I won't be broke right before the trip!!

The weekend before, I lay everything out in the spare bedroom. I actually mentally start packing long before I do physically.

We travel frequently, so we generally look over things two days before to make sure everything is clean and to run to the store for any little items. Then we pack the day before.

I don't like to pack sooner than that because there are things in there I might want to use, and because the longer things are packed the more wrinkled they will become.

I have a packing list that I've carefully refined over the years- if I need anything, I know almost as soon as the day I make reservations, so there's plenty of time to purchase it. But even though we travel several times a year, if I don't get out the list, I'll forget something.

nothing wrong with being super organised! :rotfl:

i can totally relate- we unpacked from august, then repacked 2 cases-which are specifically for wdw-so we're half packed, and sadly we don't go again until next august! :hyper:

I already printed out my list from our last trip and over the next few months I will add things to the list, delete stuff we didn't really use last time. I am already gathering things - all the glow bracelets and necklaces went on sale 50% off after Halloween so I stocked up a lot of those. I will start buying things and putting them in a bin in the basement and then about a month out I will start packing. Since we are going in Jan and I live in NH I will probably have most of the summer/fall clothes packed in the suitcases because we will not be wearing them. ;)

Like everything else I do, I have a Excel sheet packing list of stuff to take with us. I'm 33 days out at this point.

I started packing the stuff I bought specifically for this trip into the backpack I'll take into the park. My toiletries bag is always packed. I just need to make sure everything is full.

I have a list of stuff that I still need to buy and a list of clothes to pack that I'll probably pack the day before.

I'm always afraid I'll forget something.

I usually start about a month before ... first I do all the electronic lists, then start with the bins and sort into categories, recheck everything three times and finish packing about a week before I leave and last minute items the day before. Gee - I am so much a nerd too! Lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter