How early are rooms really ready.

cceandme

Mouseketeer
Taking at CSR in June. Our flight gets in at 9:30am. In everyone's experience what times do you find rooms are ready to get in to. I know there's a check in time but has anyone got their rooms earlier?

It really depends on how booked and busy the resort is. One thing you can do to help is do an online check in and give an approximate arrival time.
I've done this twice- once our room was not ready and once it was.

It depends. We've checked in five times at or before 7 am and our room was ready four times. If you are willing to take whatever room is available, you may have a better chance. If you will only take a certain room in a certain building, you may not be as lucky. A lot of things play into it.

As said above, it depends on how busy the resort was the day before your arrival. If all rooms were occupied the night before, the first clean available rooms will probably not be available until noon or later. Guests must check out and then housekeeping gets the first rooms ready. If the resort had a lot of vacant rooms the night before, you could probably get a clean ready room by 7:00 am. They will assign the first ready rooms to people who have done online checkin and specified an early arrival. Online arrivals get the first precedence for ready rooms. As the other poster stated, if you are very picky about building or other room atributes, it may be later than if you are willing to take any room in your category.

Like everybody else has said, it really depends on how busy the hotel is. Every recent trip that we had to Disney we arrived early. The last three trips that we had to Disney ( All of which we were staying in the WL ) we arrived about the same time that you are planning to arrive. The first time the room was not only ready when we arrived, but they honored my request for a higher level floor. The second time they apologized and told us the room wouldn't be ready until 12:00 at the earliest. They gave us a card with a number on it to call and check on the status so we could go spend time in the parks while we waited. We called the number multiple times during the day and by 3:30 the room was still not ready. We went back to the hotel front desk to inquire what was going on. The lady at the desk related that there was an error on their end, but they would upgrade us to Club Level free of charge...well worth the wait in my opinion!. :goodvibes The third time the room was ready around 11:30 AM. Just enough time for us to grab a bite to eat in the Magic Kingdom then go settle in our room :thumbsup2

Even if the room is not ready you can check your bags and explore for a little bit while you wait. Good luck! pixiedust:

Thanks for all the good advice. Crossing my fingers that room will be ready but if not will probably go hang out at DTD for a while.

When I stayed at POFQ we had an early arrival flight like yours and we had two connecting rooms that were both ready when we got there.

I arrive every year on one of the busiest check-out days of the year; the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

I always have requests; I don't do online check-in and have always told the CM I don't care how long I have to wait for my room to be ready.

I usually check-in around 10:15 am and have never waited past noon to have a room. I stay at POR, so I have a ritual to go over to POR and order lunch at RFC and watch a college football game while I am waiting.

It all depends on how busy the resort is for checking out and cleaning rooms for the next week and how many people have requests, how booked they are, etc.

We always arrive in the AM, and only once has our room not been ready, and by the time we ate lunch, we had a text that it was. I think like OP said, it helps to do online check-in, because it gives them the heads up that you are arriving early.

In 20+ stays--it can be anything from ready at 10:00 a.m. to not ready until 4 p.m.

Since we are DVC and usually stay at those resorts, it has been anywhere from early 9am to 5pm.
If you aren't picky about your room, you may get lucky.

It helps when you are ready to leave even if you are using express check out, you let the front desk know. That way they will know it is ready to be turned over.

Thanks for all the good advice. Crossing my fingers that room will be ready but if not will probably go hang out at DTD for a while.

We've had great luck with getting our room when we get to the resort.

The one time it wasn't ready was at CSR and it was because we had a special room request.

We brought our bathing suits in our carry-ons and changed up in the changing rooms right at the main pool. They gave us activated keys, so we were able to go straight to our room when they called us on our cell phone!

We got in at 11am that day, and the room was ready around 1pm, but we were having fun at the pool and stayed there until around 3!

We've been able to get in super early in the morning, and we've also had to wait til 5:30 in the evening (NOT cool!)

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it as far as planning goes. Just try when you get there and hope for the best!

The earliest I've gotten into a room was 7am and the latest was almost 7pm (we got a big apology and a fruit basket for that one, but that's a whole other story . . . .). I agree that doing online check in and entering your arrival time may help if there are rooms that were unoccupied the night before. But it all comes down to the occupancy the previous night, which no one has control over.

It just depends.

We always arrive at around lunchtime.

The two times we stayed at the Poly, our rooms were ready. Last year at the Beach Club, it was about 4 pm before they were ready. So we went to Epcot for the afternoon.

(But when my husband had a medical crisis, the Beach Club gave us the run of our room until 3 pm on our checkout day. They saved the last day of our vacation; there is no way I would have been able to adequately pack up all his professional photography equipment, much less get any park time that day. So I'm absolutely OK with the idea of waiting for a room. )

We usually arrive about 10 AM and in say 10 visits our room has only been ready once.
Last October we waited until 4:30 -- not fun,
But we go to the parks while we are waiting.
Good Luck

Hopefully said:
We usually arrive about 10 AM and in say 10 visits our room has only been ready once.
Last October we waited until 4:30 -- not fun,
But we go to the parks while we are waiting.
Good Luck

Where did you stay?

OP, we do online check in now. We arrive as early as 9:00 am, and our room has been ready every time, pixie dust. One random year, 2011 at CSR I got a text message the day we arrived, but before we left for orlando saying our room was ready and the room number! I was shocked! I've never gotten another text alert since lol. In the days before online check-in, it was 50/50. We have waited as late as 4 pm for a room (not dvc).

We've never had a problem with online check in, it has always worked to our advantage. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter