How does your family dress for any family holiday get-togethers?

Keli

<font color=darkcoral>We're smarter than the avera
I was just thinking about this over thanksgiving.

My family and I tend to all dress casual but our nicer casual clothing.

When I was a kid we actually wore dress clothing to my grandparents' (with some play clothes packed to put on after dinner).

My in laws tend to dress more casual, most are wearing the type of clothing they would be wearing around the house.

I feel perfectly comfortable in any of these choices but I like dressy casual best I think since the pics look nicer :)

Keli said:
I was just thinking about this over thanksgiving.

My family and I tend to all dress casual but our nicer casual clothing.

When I was a kid we actually wore dress clothing to my grandparents' (with some play clothes packed to put on after dinner).

My in laws tend to dress more casual, most are wearing the type of clothing they would be wearing around the house.

I feel perfectly comfortable in any of these choices but I like dressy casual best I think since the pics look nicer :)

Jeans and a sweater.

Casual. Jeans and a nicer top. Shoes don't really matter because we usually take them off in the house. I will be dressing DD up in a cute Christmas dress though.

Jeans and nicer sweaters/tops, though I don't get bent out of shape if the kids want to wear something more casual.

As long as we are together and (mostly! ;)) having fun, I don't care what anyone is wearing.

A pajamas Christmas (with extended family) would be fun! :idea:

The guys usually wear sport jackets & reasonably casual pants (slacks, cords, or God help me Nantucket reds). Women, wrap dresses, nice sweater & slacks, cute top & flippy skirt, that sort of thing.
That's Connecticut for ya.

Jeans or leggings for the women with a nice top.

The guys typically do a polo with jeans. Sometimes they might do khaki cargo shorts if it is warm enough.

I also remember dressing up as a kid.
Now it's our nicest casual clothing (which for dh is a pair of jeans without holes).

We just do jeans and nice sweaters. I'd love my kids to wear dresses but they're just going to run around and play with cousins so it's impractical.

Casual - usually jeans w/ a nicer top or sweater in coordinating "holiday" colors.

Yeah, we're that family.

For Thanksgiving, we wore jeans w/ coordinating burnt orange, cream, & navy blue tops.

Haven't decided yet what we're wearing for our Christmas get-togethers...

Depends on which side of the family. DH's family all lives far away so we don't see them on holidays.

My maternal side--casual/nice jeans/sweaters/polos, etc.

My paternal side--whatever you show up in. I usually have leggings/jeans on, kids are in casual clothes changing to pj's (always Christmas Eve at their house). This past Thanksgiving, we all spent the night (10 of us) on Thanksgiving to help decorate my grandparents' house for Christmas. We all showed up in yoga pants/sweats/t-shirts. Most comfortable Thanksgiving ever.

As a child, we used to dress in our fanciest Christmas dress to go to dinner at my great-grandmother's house on Christmas Eve. Ties/nice sweaters were expected for the men.

Always jeans-maybe a sweater and sneakers. Never get dressed up unless going out to a venue that calls for it.

casual/comfortable (jeans, leggings, sweater)

once we reached our 50s, all itchy, tight, uncomfortable clothes literally went away - we're all about comfort now!

The adults dress casual - sweater or cardigan, trouser jeans or good denim, nice jewelry. We all dress our little ones up though!

Jeans and a sweater or yoga pants and a sweater for us.

My husband always dresses nice so that's a plus.

We always used to get dressed up to go to grandma's for holidays. I still get dressed up (skirt or dress pants and a nice top or sweater) when we go to other houses now, probably out of habit, but because I think of it as on occasion. We usually only see some of the people once or twice a year so it's special. DH's family however shows up to our house in their pajamas for Christmas dinner. It still just seems weird to me. They are our age(40's), not kids. I'm sure they're very comfortable but I can't bring myself to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter