How does vandalism and looting accomplish anything???

I wouldn't make too much of that at this point for many reasons. It's from anonymous sources and on a site which as a clear point of view on this shooting. Also Brown's autopsy does not mention any injuries to his hand. If he punched someone that hard there would probably be something to indicate that. Another thing is there is cell phone video of the scene immediately after the shooting (a different video from the one with the hidden conversation,). It shows Wilson and another officer standing next to the body talking right after the shooting. It's several minutes long and while you can't see Brown's face well enough to look for injuries, he in no way acts one someone with an orbital fractures. He's just standing there talking, I think he's walking around at one point but he doesn't touch his face or do anything that would make you think he had any serious injury. The other officer also does nothing which would indicate Wilson had an injury that concerned him.

I know the original source but that's not where I got the information.
We can't automatically discount a news source because we think they're slanted. They are all slanted and therefore using that logic, none of them can be trusted. My husband and I get news from our local station, CNN, Fox, and MSNBC. As was posted previously, you have to watch several in order to get something resembling the truth.

I know the original source but that's not where I got the information.
We can't automatically discount a news source because we think they're slanted. They are all slanted and therefore using that logic, none of them can be trusted. My husband and I get news from our local station, CNN, Fox, and MSNBC. As was posted previously, you have to watch several in order to get something resembling the truth.

Yes..which is why I watched the cell phone video of Officer Wilson after the shooting. Based on that video, the autopsy which says there's no evidence of a struggle with the officer, the sources being anonymous and the original report coming from an obviously biased site, I think its premature to take it as anything more than a rumor.

A St. Louis Post Dispatch reporter says that Ferguson, Missouri, police confirm that more than a dozen witnesses to the shooting of teenager Michael Brown have backed up the account of the incident offered by the officer who killed the teenager.

St. Louis Post-Dispatch reporter Christine Byers tweeted Monday that police told her that an account of the shooting by a woman named "Josie" who called into a syndicated radio program last Friday matches the account given by Darren Wilson, the officer who shot Brown.

IF this is true are the "good" people and ole Rev. Al going to accept it?

I think for a myriad of reasons the answer is no.

Firstly, there are people that distrust anything and everything that has to do with the police.

Secondly, overlay that with the --- "hands in the air, don't shoot" message that rings across the globe (has it been substantiated that it was actually the case, I don't know). That's the image/message that resounds. No evidence to the contrary IMO will replace it. M. Brown was "unarmed". To many that means he wasn't a threat. But "unarmed" does not mean he did not or could not have deadly intent. That's what we don't know. Intent. Full circumstances. But, "unarmed, hands in the air" and "murder in broad daylight" chants resonates.

Thirdly, people are filled with rage from reasons 1, 2 (and more). It doesn't seem to be subsiding. Add to that the Zimmerman case where people think (rightly or wrongly) that the justice system failed. Just judging by the riotous reaction that seems to me, longer and more violent than the Zimmerman case, if anything but a conviction is handed down there very well may be consequences.

I hope I'm wrong. But I do wonder.

I wouldn't make too much of that at this point for many reasons. It's from anonymous sources and on a site which as a clear point of view on this shooting. Also Brown's autopsy does not mention any injuries to his hand. If he punched someone that hard there would probably be something to indicate that. Another thing is there is cell phone video of the scene immediately after the shooting (a different video from the one with the hidden conversation,). It shows Wilson and another officer standing next to the body talking right after the shooting. It's several minutes long and while you can't see Brown's face well enough to look for injuries, he in no way acts one someone with an orbital fractures. He's just standing there talking, I think he's walking around at one point but he doesn't touch his face or do anything that would make you think he had any serious injury. The other officer also does nothing which would indicate Wilson had an injury that concerned him.
While I agree that the "orbital" information may be false, if you want to engage in that much speculation, I could counter that maybe Brown caught Wilson's face with the top of the vehicle door by slamming it back when he tried to exit it. And while it's "believed" that it's Wilson pictured at the scene, I don't know that's been verified either. Maybe, if, coulda.... etc.

This hasn't been on the network news yet that I know of so make of it what you will, Wilson had an orbital blowout fracture during the Mike Brown fight.

It will be easy enough to prove...or disprove. I doubt, it will make much difference. This isn't about Mike Brown or Darren Wilson...hasn't been for days .

While I agree that the "orbital" information may be false, if you want to engage in that much speculation, I could counter that maybe Brown caught Wilson's face with the top of the vehicle door by slamming it back when he tried to exit it. And while it's "believed" that it's Wilson pictured at the scene, I don't know that's been verified either. Maybe, if, coulda.... etc.

all I'm saying is its a bad idea to run with the whole "he has an orbital fracture" . It's just a rumor started by a site with a clear bias. It'd be no different that someone saying "Brown had x,y and z" because they read it on some site that had an obvious bias in favor of Brown.

Yes..which is why I watched the cell phone video of Officer Wilson after the shooting. Based on that video, the autopsy which says there's no evidence of a struggle with the officer, the sources being anonymous and the original report coming from an obviously biased site, I think its premature to take it as anything more than a rumor.
So, that preliminary report didn't find any corroboration of Johnson's assertion that Wilson grabbed Brown by the neck as they struggled either???

all I'm saying is its a bad idea to run with the whole "he has an orbital fracture" . It's just a rumor started by a site with a clear bias. It'd be no different that someone saying "Brown had x,y and z" because they read it on some site that had an obvious bias in favor of Brown.
I agree it's premature, but you can just state that without adding speculation that can then be countered with additional speculation.

I agree it's premature, but you can just state that without adding speculation that can then be countered with additional speculation.

If I want to explain my thought process I can and will do that. Its funny that you only seem to counter speculation on one side.
You should feel free to ignore my speculation since you deem it unnecessary.

I've read but not commented until this. Within 24 hours of this incident it was reported on the local news that the officer suffered injuries to his face and was treated at a local hospital. That evening the rioting began and reporting turned to that.

Disclaimer # 1. I was watching very intently because I have a friend who is a Ferguson police officer. I also have a neighbor that is also on the Ferguson police department.

Disclaimer # 2. My husband owns a business within a few miles of the looting scenes.

I know my comments may have bias to them so haven't spoke up sooner but just because people haven't heard on the national news doesn't mean it hasn't been previously released.

If I want to explain my thought process I can and will do that. Its funny that you only seem to counter speculation on one side.
You should feel free to ignore my speculation since you deem it unnecessary.
I'm glad to hear that I amuse you.... I've ignored plenty of speculation, but I didn't realize that I'd picked a "side". I still have no clue if the shooting was warranted or not. I've cautioned people several times when mentioning things that would implicate Brown in attacking Wilson. But I find it an utter waste of time trying to debate here why one set of speculation is better than another set.

I've read but not commented until this. Within 24 hours of this incident it was reported on the local news that the officer suffered injuries to his face and was treated at a local hospital. That evening the rioting began and reporting turned to that.

Disclaimer # 1. I was watching very intently because I have a friend who is a Ferguson police officer. I also have a neighbor that is also on the Ferguson police department.

Disclaimer # 2. My husband owns a business within a few miles of the looting scenes.

I know my comments may have bias to them so haven't spoke up sooner but just because people haven't heard on the national news doesn't mean it hasn't been previously released.

The PD has said all along that he was treated for injuring. I think "a swollen cheek" is the only actual description they gave.

I'm glad to hear that I amuse you.... I've ignored plenty of speculation, but I didn't realize that I'd picked a "side". I still have no clue if the shooting was warranted or not. I've cautioned people several times when mentioning things that would implicate Brown in attacking Wilson. But I find it an utter waste of time trying to debate here why one set of speculation is better than another set.

Telling people how they are allowed to respond to posts is simply rude and unnecessary. If you don't like what is being discussed in this thread then you have the option to not participate. You also have the option of only responding to posts which you feel are worth your time.

Telling people how they are allowed to respond to posts is simply rude and unnecessary. If you don't like what is being discussed in this thread then you have the option to not participate. You also have the option of only responding to posts which you feel are worth your time.
Please point to me to where I have told you how you are allowed to respond to posts?

I've said that I think it's silly to try and debate competing sets of speculations, therefore I don't. People here are free to do otherwise and often do so with abandon. If you want to debate until the cows come home about the correct way to interpret how Brown's arms were on the pavement... then knock yourself out.

The PD has said all along that he was treated for injuring. I think "a swollen cheek" is the only actual description they gave.

We'll actually the words used before the rioting was fracture. I am 100% certain because I was worried about a friend. I have no link or proof but I know that what was said.

We'll actually the words used before the rioting was fracture. I am 100% certain because I was worried about a friend. I have no link or proof but I know that what was said.

Just want to clarify that I am not friends with the officer involved but when you know 2 officers in a department of 53 and something happened, until you make contact with your friend, you are worried.

My recollection, which may be flawed, what that they only said he was "treated" for an injury. I don't recall any specifics. I don't recall hearing "swollen cheek" said in an official capacity.

Was that local news? All I heard was swollen face. I did google after the post about a fracture but all I got was the that one website being used as a source by other sites which clearly lean a certain way.

My recollection, which may be flawed, what that they only said he was "treated" for an injury. I don't recall any specifics. I don't recall hearing "swollen cheek" said in an official capacity.

Sorry its not "swollen cheek" its "swollen face".

.After the incident, the officer was taken to an area hospital, where he was treated for a "swollen face," according to Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/19/us/ferguson-michael-brown-dueling-narratives/?c=&page=2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter