How does Toontown Morning Madness work?

4girlsmom

Mouseketeer
Last summer we goofed up on our days/times and showed up when it wasn't happening. Fortunately, Mickey, Minnie & Goofy were hanging out just outside Toontown and we got a nice visit with them, as we were the only family in the vicinity that early. (We had hopped the train straight there.) It was the last day of our trip, so we completely missed out on Toontown.

When we return in Dec., I want to make sure we do this right. Is TTMM only offered on certain days? EE days? Non-EE days? How did you structure your morning if you went? Thanks!

Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday are Morning Madness days.

EE is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.

We didn't do MM on our last trip, and choice to hit Toontown at opening on a non madness day. It worked out great for us no lines, Mickey & Minnie out in front of their houses, Goofy wandering around. I don't know if we'll try to do MM this time and see the ceremony or not, it'll be up to the kids.

Thank you, Chel. What I'm hoping to do, then, would be EE on Mon. and then straight to TT at park opening. Would that timing be right? I thought that would be a good place to leave my group while I go around gathering FP's, since we'll have the AAA perk.

Another question for the expert.....
do you get a voucher per person to use? or is it the same slip of paper you get when you check in that you use to get into early entry?
am i right in thinking that Toontown opens the same time as the park does? (since its technically an hour later for everyone else?
Boy, this stuff gets confusing!

Thanks in advance....

you get a paper for each person :thumbsup2 oh and TT opens one hour after the park does for regular people...not EE

TTMM is great! At first opening, the characters are there signing autographs. Then there is a ceremony at City Hall, and afterwards you get a button for being honorary citizens. Afterwards the characters are at their places/houses for meet and greet. Or you can go on the rides and whatnot if you've already got their autographs. When we were there, there was Mickey,Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, and Chip and Dale.

Basicly we went straight to TT as soon as we got in.

Can someone clarify, if we have TTMM vouchers are we allowed to line up AT Toontown or do we have to wait at the main gate turnstiles? If it is the latter, it seems like a good portion of your "early" hour could be spent just getting into the park and walking across the park to Toontown.

Thank you, Chel. What I'm hoping to do, then, would be EE on Mon. and then straight to TT at park opening. Would that timing be right? I thought that would be a good place to leave my group while I go around gathering FP's, since we'll have the AAA perk.

First off, there is no EE at Disneyland. Do you mean Magic Mornings, where DLR resort guests and those with the 3-day or more bonus hoppers get into the park 1 hour before official opening? If so, Magic Morning (MM) is on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday/Sunday -- so the days with an S or a T.

Toontown normally opens up one hour after Disneyland opens to the general public. So if Disneyland opens at 8, Toontown will open at 9. Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness (MTTMM) starts 1 hour before Toontown opens to those who have vouchers, which means it opens when Disneyland opens to the general public.

If you do MM on Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday you will still have 1 more hour after the park opens before you can go to Toontown, but it wont be MTTMM. The only day they both occur is on a Saturday. In my opinion it's the best way to do MTTMM as you don't have to rush from the gates at opening back to Toontown so you don't miss it and you get some more solo time with the characters and to explore before their little show begins. If you go here for my Trip Report, look for the September 2009 trip, Day 5, and it will be the first few links there if you'd like to read my experience and tips on how to get the most out of your time.

ETA: :rotfl: Totally didn't realize the OP was a couple years ago!!

Can someone clarify, if we have TTMM vouchers are we allowed to line up AT Toontown or do we have to wait at the main gate turnstiles? If it is the latter, it seems like a good portion of your "early" hour could be spent just getting into the park and walking across the park to Toontown.

It depends on the day. If you are doing MTTMM on Monday/Wednesday/Friday then you will be waiting at the main gate turnstiles as there will be no Magic Morning and no way to get into the park before official opening time which is also when MTTMM will begin so you'll have to rush back there and it's not a short walk. If you do MTTMM on a Saturday and have access to MM you'll be able to wait out near the walkway that will take you to Toontown and It's a Small World. I have photos of the area they wont let you pass in my TR that I linked in the post above.

TT officially opens at park time for those holding TTMM vouchers, but they delay the festivities for around 20 minutes, to give people a chance to get back there. If they started things right at opening, they'd always be performing to no one!

Very old thread, most definitely! I hadn't even been on our second one-day "we're in so cal so we might as well go" trip to DLR, and the purchase of our first AP was over a year away! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter