how does this trip budget look?

amez

Mouseketeer
Please let me know if we are missing anything or if I have too much budgeted lol. Family of 5

We're leaving in about a month. We'll be staying at a house we rented for 12 nights. We are planning on driving down over two days.

House is rented and paid for--(can't change it, but we had planned another family to join us and so we paid about $1700--now we will empty beds because the family decided not to go)

Universal Tix- got the $99 deal so $500
Kids are each bringing money for their own souvenirs.

What we need to pay for on the trip still:
Parking at Universal $42-98 depending if we go 3 or more days-up to seven.
Disney tix- have a GAD ticket for each person-will upgrade to a 5 day total $700 (about)
parking $70
We are driving 1200 miles over two days and we think gas plus a hotel will be
$700-we're driving an suv and plan to spend $100 or less on a hotel (hopefully we can cut the hotel down, but we don't know where we are stopping yet)
Last $1200 for food and any extra stuff--we plan to buy groceries when we get there and bring some stuff from home (it's a full size suv) We are planning to eat most counter service if we get hungry in the parks.

Sorry for the long post-am I leaving out anything? Does it look realistic?
thanks
Amy

You might want to add some money for souvenirs, and a few hundred $$ for an emergency fund. You never know when someone is going to get sick on a ride and need a new T-shirt! I might add a little bit more for the food budget as well. Those Mickey Bars and Rice Krispie treats can add up quickly with a family of five! :thumbsup2

Have you checked into the Y.E.S program? It will save you money on your tickets...not sure if it's still open:confused3 I'd post a link but my puter is moving sssllllooowwwww today!!! Or the boards are??? Any way it's were the kids can take a class at DW and everyone in their party get a discount on their tickets. We saved enough that we up graded to park hoppers.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter