• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How does this plan sound? Please advise!

ChristopherFamily

Earning My Ears
Who - Gma, Myself, boy 10, boy 7 & girl 2
When - Last week of March
We do have park hopper but the park hours seem so short I'm not sure we are going to use them or not. I also plan to try and get the DAS pass for my ASD son.

Saturday - Get to Disney Springs around 10. Check things out. Lunch @ 12 at TRex. Activate Military tickets if possible (someone told me there was a place to do this)

Sunday - HWS open 10-7
Try and get boarding pass to ROR @ 6:59 am.
Get to the park by 9 so we can park & ask for the DAS pass
Once inside head to Toy Story Land try and ride Slinky & Toy Story Mania. From here we would head over to Star Wars and ride ROR (when/if we got a time) ride smugglers run & wonder around. I figured we would then continue on toward Grand Avenue & see the Muppets. Then head to Minnie & Mickey Runaway Railway & maybe head to check out sunset boulevard before our 4pm reservation at Sci Fi. Then whatever is left/what the kids want to ride again we will try and do after dinner.

Monday - AK open 9-5
Get at park around 8
Once in head towards Pandora then just follow the path around the park. Eat when we feel hungry and just kinda take it at our own pace.
If not exhausted from the walking maybe head over to Epcot for dessert.

Tuesday & Thursday - MK open 9-6
Get to park around 8
Still unsure of where to start here

Friday - Epcot open 11-7
Get to park at 10
Head to test track & if not available head to frozen.
Walk through the lands and stop where the kids seem interested

I plan to pack uncrustables, lunchables, snacks & easy foods for the kids to eat so we can save a little money. I figure we can mobile order & get fun snacks throughout the say.

I want to see as much as possible but I also want this to be a vacation. I don't want to feel rushed or like we have to complete everything at the park.

Any suggestions/advise/strategies welcome!

Military tickets can be activated at the Guest Services building in the middle of Disney Springs. When we were there a couple of months ago they were doing virtual queues to get in there so it might take a while. Should be about 100' from bottom of escalator from garage, but this depends on which garage you use (orange was only one open when we were there).

[/QUOTE]
You may want to ask about the DAS pass when picking up your military tickets at Disney Springs. If they can give it to you there, it'll save time the next morning.

I would suggest starting Magic Kingdom in Future Land and then working your way counter clockwise. Most people go the other way first, so this is a good way to minimize the crowds.

I do not think you can get DAS at guest services at DS - so your plan to get to HS early is good. Here are some things I would think about. 1) HS. My ASD and anxious kid would be overwhelmed riding a coaster as his first ride (we tried this at Dollywood 2 summers ago to avoid long lines and it wrecked him for the rest of the day as he was too anxious to ride most other rides) - so you might want to save Slinky Dog for later in the day if any of your kids are nervous about coasters. 2) Are you aware of Child Swap for your 2 yo? For the rides your 2 yo cannot go on, it allows the adult who stays with her plus 2 others to ride the ride again using the FP lane. So your 2 boys could essentially ride many things twice. This is a huge perk but it does take extra time. When we were last there, you had an hour to use the rider swap. 3) Sci-Fi is great fun but can be sensory overload for those who have sensory issues - our favorite in HS is 50's prime time. 4) For MK, when we have 2 days, we like to divide the park and do Adventureland, Frontierland, Liberty Square, and maybe 1 or 2 from Fantasy Land and on day 2 focus on Tomorrowland and Fantasyland.
5) If you find you need to take a midday break for your 2 yo, I suggest budgeting for an uber given the shortened park hours or maybe taking the monorail or skyliner to a nearby resort and letting her take a nap in her stroller in a quiet part of a nearby hotel lobby (From MK you can boat over to WL which has some nice quiet nooks and you do not have to fold the stroller on the boat - major plus!)

You might want to look at the park reservations before purchasing tickets. MK and HS had no reservations available for most of this month. You were talking about DAS. You can use it on ROR if you have a boarding pass. We were just there last week. We were able to get boarding pass at 1pm. You need to have park reservation/ and in HS in order to get the 1 pm boarding pass. Park hopping does not start until 2pm.

ETA: if you are staying on property give yourself plenty of time. Buses are seating only. The bus driver will tell you where to sit. We stayed at POP. So we took the skyliner to HS. We had to transfer at Caribbean beach and it was a 45 minute wait to get back on the skyline. Only one group per skyliner.

Make dining plans immediately upon arrival or before head. Andy's lunch box ran out of available slots for mobile order.

MK- the lines are crazy and go all over due to social distancing. You need to look for the cast member holding the line ends here sign. Again slow rides because they are only loading one family at a time. Small world they only sit people in the first and last rows. A lot of rides are like this

Last edited:
You might want to look at the park reservations before purchasing tickets. MK and HS had no reservations available for most of this month. You were talking about DAS. You can use it on ROR if you have a boarding pass. We were just there last week. We were able to get boarding pass at 1pm. You need to have park reservation/ and in HS in order to get the 1 pm boarding pass. Park hopping does not start until 2pm.

ETA: if you are staying on property give yourself plenty of time. Buses are seating only. The bus driver will tell you where to sit. We stayed at POP. So we took the skyliner to HS. We had to transfer at Caribbean beach and it was a 45 minute wait to get back on the skyline. Only one group per skyliner.

Make dining plans immediately upon arrival or before head. Andy's lunch box ran out of available slots for mobile order.

MK- the lines are crazy and go all over due to social distancing. You need to look for the cast member holding the line ends here sign. Again slow rides because they are only loading one family at a time. Small world they only sit people in the first and last rows. A lot of rides are like this

Thank you! I made our park reservations as soon as I got our tickets. Thank you for the tip about the line ends here.

I do not think you can get DAS at guest services at DS - so your plan to get to HS early is good. Here are some things I would think about. 1) HS. My ASD and anxious kid would be overwhelmed riding a coaster as his first ride (we tried this at Dollywood 2 summers ago to avoid long lines and it wrecked him for the rest of the day as he was too anxious to ride most other rides) - so you might want to save Slinky Dog for later in the day if any of your kids are nervous about coasters. 2) Are you aware of Child Swap for your 2 yo? For the rides your 2 yo cannot go on, it allows the adult who stays with her plus 2 others to ride the ride again using the FP lane. So your 2 boys could essentially ride many things twice. This is a huge perk but it does take extra time. When we were last there, you had an hour to use the rider swap. 3) Sci-Fi is great fun but can be sensory overload for those who have sensory issues - our favorite in HS is 50's prime time. 4) For MK, when we have 2 days, we like to divide the park and do Adventureland, Frontierland, Liberty Square, and maybe 1 or 2 from Fantasy Land and on day 2 focus on Tomorrowland and Fantasyland.
5) If you find you need to take a midday break for your 2 yo, I suggest budgeting for an uber given the shortened park hours or maybe taking the monorail or skyliner to a nearby resort and letting her take a nap in her stroller in a quiet part of a nearby hotel lobby (From MK you can boat over to WL which has some nice quiet nooks and you do not have to fold the stroller on the boat - major plus!)

Thank you! I like the idea of taking a break and riding the boat or skyliner to a resort for a break.

If you’re son is hyper focused on Star Wars, you might want to wait in the regular queue for Rise of the Resistance. My son is high functioning on the spectrum and he hates the DAS line for RotR. For years most of his thoughts are dealing with Star Wars. The regular line has many things to look at once you get inside the building and if you have the Disney Play app, you can use it in the queue on several props.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter