How does this plan look?

mrsbono

Earning My Ears
My kids will be almost 3 and almost 5 when we go to Disney in April. I'm starting to make my plan so I can make ADRs next week.
We have 5 day passes (no hopper) so the plan is one day at each park and 2 at MK. We have the Plus Dining (1 QS, 1TS and 1 snack)
How does this look?

Sunday-arrive sometime around lunchtime and get lunch at our resort, hang out by the pool, walk around Downtown Disney and have dinner at Rainforest Cafe

Monday-Magic Kingdom (dining suggestions for this day would be great)

Tuesday-Epcot-extra magic hours in the AM, it will be the Epcot Flower and Garden Fest so I want to make sure we have plenty of time there. Akerhaus Princess dinner

Wednesday-Animal Kingdom-magic hours in the AM, Donalds Safari Breakfast

Thursday-Chef Mickey's for breakfast and Sea World

Friday-Hollywood Studios, 50s Primetime Diner

Saturday-Magic Kingdom and we MIGHT start driving home this day

Any suggestions or changes you would make.

For dining in Magic Kingdom I would suggest Crystal Palace. The buffet has great variety for lunch and dinner with lots of options for both adults and children. My kids love the make your own sundae bar for dessert. Plus, Pooh, Tigger and the gang are there.

If you are not up for another character meal, I would suggest Liberty Tree Tavern. It's a nice change from the usual pizza and nuggets. The family style turkey dinner is nice and the kids get some needed veggies. Lunch menu is good as well.

You also might want to consider the new T-Rex restaurant at Downtown Disney instead of Raintree Cafe. I heard the food is better.

Be sure to schedule some downtime in afternoons for the little ones to recharge....it can be a long day at that age.

Enjoy your trip!

I assume for Wednesday you meant Animal Kingdom? I was confused for a moment because the days didn't add up right but then I figured Donald was not going to be having a safari in the Magic Kingdom! :goodvibes Incidentally I love Yak and Yeti there and I think they have a quick service place.

As far as Magic Kingdom, I always had awesome places I wanted to eat most every day except when I was there. We actually left to go to DTD on my first day and came back for wishes, and my second day we went to Kona Cafe.

So that's my recommendation. Tony's was impossible for us to get a ressie for and it's not much different than your other italian restaurants from what I've gathered, so maybe you can scoot over to one of the 3 monorail resorts and pick up a meal there. I don't remember the names of all of them but there's Ohana if you wanted a character meal or some of the others. It doesn't take all that long to get there and it might be either a nice way to end your park day without fighting through crowds to get out, or you could get a visual break before heading back.

I assume for Wednesday you meant Animal Kingdom? I was confused for a moment because the days didn't add up right but then I figured Donald was not going to be having a safari in the Magic Kingdom! :goodvibes Incidentally I love Yak and Yeti there and I think they have a quick service place.

As far as Magic Kingdom, I always had awesome places I wanted to eat most every day except when I was there. We actually left to go to DTD on my first day and came back for wishes, and my second day we went to Kona Cafe.

So that's my recommendation. Tony's was impossible for us to get a ressie for and it's not much different than your other italian restaurants from what I've gathered, so maybe you can scoot over to one of the 3 monorail resorts and pick up a meal there. I don't remember the names of all of them but there's Ohana if you wanted a character meal or some of the others. It doesn't take all that long to get there and it might be either a nice way to end your park day without fighting through crowds to get out, or you could get a visual break before heading back.

You are correct. Animal, not Magic for that day. :)

I am heading to Disney in April as well.. Just remember, it is Spring break and it will be very busy.. Also, you may want to have some flexibility in your touring plan.. With a 3 and a 5 year old, they will be most interested in MK and AK.. Although, this past May my 5 year old LOVED getting a passport at Epcot and doing all the countries and this time we are going to be doing Kim Possible.. However, it was NOT excited about DHS.. Wasn't interested and even the few things we went to, he complained the whole time.. This trip we aren't even going there I don't think..

I am heading to Disney in April as well.. Just remember, it is Spring break and it will be very busy.. Also, you may want to have some flexibility in your touring plan.. With a 3 and a 5 year old, they will be most interested in MK and AK.. Although, this past May my 5 year old LOVED getting a passport at Epcot and doing all the countries and this time we are going to be doing Kim Possible.. However, it was NOT excited about DHS.. Wasn't interested and even the few things we went to, he complained the whole time.. This trip we aren't even going there I don't think..

On the flip side, my kiddos LOVE toy story, so DHS is a huge hit for them. we loved 50's Cafe... theming was great and a lot of fun.

I believe that tuskers is going to have characters for lunch starting soon, so I might think about lunch instead of breakfast that day so you can get as much touring done before the park gets busy.

Lots of good plans. We like CP at MK too but you might want to think about going to a resort for dinner that night. A monorail resort would be easy. We love Ohana's.

I agree that it will be very crowed so planning is critical. I would do the Donald's breakfast (which we really like) at the first sitting, at least an hour before park opening to get ahead of the crowds.

While my DS loved Epcot very young, the WS where the flower and Garden show is was NOT a big hit that early on and it will be CRAZY busy there. Might get less time there than you are hoping.

Sounds like a fun week!

Lots of good plans. We like CP at MK too but you might want to think about going to a resort for dinner that night. A monorail resort would be easy. We love Ohana's.

I agree that it will be very crowed so planning is critical. I would do the Donald's breakfast (which we really like) at the first sitting, at least an hour before park opening to get ahead of the crowds.

While my DS loved Epcot very young, the WS where the flower and Garden show is was NOT a big hit that early on and it will be CRAZY busy there. Might get less time there than you are hoping.

Sounds like a fun week!

We're doing the Donalds breakfast at 10 or 10:30. Its an EMH day so we'll have from 8-10 to do the safari and get a fast pass. Then we'll be eating when the crowds are getting crazy.
We also decided to add Ohana. We're going to park at the Polynesian and take the monorail to MK. Then we'll take the monorail back for dinner and we'll start driving home that night.

My kids will be almost 3 and almost 5 when we go to Disney in April. I'm starting to make my plan so I can make ADRs next week.
We have 5 day passes (no hopper) so the plan is one day at each park and 2 at MK. We have the Plus Dining (1 QS, 1TS and 1 snack)
How does this look?

Sunday-arrive sometime around lunchtime and get lunch at our resort, hang out by the pool, walk around Downtown Disney and have dinner at Rainforest Cafe

Monday-Magic Kingdom (dining suggestions for this day would be great)

Tuesday-Epcot-extra magic hours in the AM, it will be the Epcot Flower and Garden Fest so I want to make sure we have plenty of time there. Akerhaus Princess dinner

Wednesday-Animal Kingdom-magic hours in the AM, Donalds Safari Breakfast

Thursday-Chef Mickey's for breakfast and Sea World

Friday-Hollywood Studios, 50s Primetime Diner

Saturday-Magic Kingdom and we MIGHT start driving home this day

Any suggestions or changes you would make.

I think this plan looks great! If this were me though, and I warn you that I try to get as much time in the parks that I can while we are there, I would tweak it just a little by adding two more days of tickets. It does not cost but a few dollars more, seriously less than 20.00 I bet, and to me it's so worth it.

By adding two more days of tickets, I would change my arrival day around a little to include a park that day, even if you only go that night to see Wishes or something like that. I would skip DTD that day and go there on my Animal Kingdom day, because it's a 1/2 day park anyway. Even if you stay until park closing, you would still have time to relax at DTD that night. Time is money at Disney.;)

On my Sea World day I would still go to a Disney park that night. Epcot would be fun to go in and relax and see Illuminations. You could get in an attraction that the kids love too. I love being there at night. :goodvibes

Other than that, I think it looks perfect!:thumbsup2 Oh, and I also vote for Crystal Palace for your MK day!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter