How does the size of CSR compare to the resort size of POP?

newfiegirl

Hello Mickey!
I stayed at the furthest building at pop century (to main building and bus), so would the furthest building at CSR be comparable (re: walking distance to main building).

My guess is that it would be about 3 times the distance from the furthest Rancho building at CSR. At Pop, it is quite easy to get to the main building. Even the furthest out buildings at Pop have easier access through the parking lot.

OH NO...I think I am switching resorts, dont want to spend that much time walking from point a to point b. Thanks

OH NO...I think I am switching resorts, dont want to spend that much time walking from point a to point b. Thanks

That first response is not accurate. The distance is about the same. There is better parking access at CSR. There is a busstop at every section at CSR so access to busses will be MUCH shorter.

I stayed at CSR and was placed in the Rancho section even though that was not my main request. It took me 35 min to walk to the main building, get coffee and get back to the room. It was a long walk, but there are many other things that make this resort standout. The room is very spacious compared to POP. They have a pocket door between the sink area and sleeping area, so I could get ready in the morning in privacy and quiet. The pool is really fun, with slides, activities, arcade and snack bar for mug refills right there. It feels a lot like a deluxe resort, much different than POP.

35 mins? We stayed in Ranchos 7, it took me 7-8 mins to walk to Pepper Market. Not saying it didn't take YOU that long, but that is a little misleading to suggest that the average person would take anywhere near that long.

We have stayed at both - and CSR is MUCH bigger than POP.

I can't speak to exact times vs. times - when we stayed at CSR our kids were little and the long walks seemed to take forever! The bus system was brutal for us as well - there were so many stops within the resort - of all the resorts we have ever stayed at, we spent the most time on buses as CSR.

35 mins? We stayed in Ranchos 7, it took me 7-8 mins to walk to Pepper Market. Not saying it didn't take YOU that long, but that is a little misleading to suggest that the average person would take anywhere near that long.

He/she said 35 min to walk to, get coffee, walk back. Which, I can see. We were in the Cabanas section last time (at first) and even being the closest building to the lobby, etc. it was not a short walk. We then got moved to Casitas - the one attached to the lobby building, and it was a shorter walk, but still "a walk".

CSR, IMO, is HUGE. We have stayed at all the mods and almost all the values. CSR is the biggest, IMO. The walk at Pop is NOTHING in comparison. And we prefer the 80's/90's section at Pop that everyone seems to think is "so far away".

I remember that we were in the furthest building on the other side of the swamp. I asked the CM to move us, but the resort was full. It was a long walk. I love the resort, stayed on my honeymoon and again with the kids. I think its really well themed and the kids had a blast, but the place is huge. At POP, we stayed in the 70's building and felt it was a very short walk to Everything POP and then we walked the other direction to get to the bus stop, so convenient. But if I had a choice, I would stay CSR because the amenities are much nicer.

Thanks, I am switching to either pop or all stars tomorrow. I really can't imagine having an extremely long walk in the July heat, and I know the resort will be quite full so we will probably not be able to switch from what we are given. 35 minutes it simply too long to waste walking imo. I didnt like the rubics cube walk to the main building (the second year we stayed at the 60s at pop and LOVED how convenient it was).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter