How does the Quarrantine actually work for DVC members from New York?

Dano1182

DIS Veteran
We have ressies for August. We are from NY.
Under the current order would we have to stay somewhere??..
For 2 weeks before we could legally leave a hotel to enjoy vacation?

I am optimistic that by August this will not be an issue .
But??

I hope it’s not extended! We cancelled July trip because of it, before those points went into holding. Our vacation was to start July 2, one night at Riviera! Then through the 13th, ending in VB.

My neighbor told me yesterday that her cousin who lives in NJ went to FL recently and she had not problems. She didn't have to quarantine….

I would feel better about a trip to FL if the order was officially lifted. Hoping that happens soon. :tink: 🤞

NJ is starting to really open up....so hopefully Florida will accept us soon. LOL! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Hi I live in NJ and I found your post interesting. What is opening for you to feel we are "starting to really open up"? I don't see it my part of the state. I really feel it is way past time for our Governor to open things up. :rolleyes2

I personally am not anxious to get out there. I live in Monmouth County.

announced that on June 15th retail will open and outdoor seating for restaurants.
June 22nd Hair and Nail salons will open, I think Gyms too.

To me that is starting to Open!

I personally am not anxious to get out there. I live in Monmouth County.

announced that on June 15th retail will open and outdoor seating for restaurants.
June 22nd Hair and Nail salons will open, I think Gyms too.

To me that is starting to Open!

Thank you! I didn't know that, I'm sooo happy that we are FINALLY starting to see movement towards a more normal life. I understand we all have to do our part but this is making progress and IMHO way past due. I can't wait to make a hair appointment! You really made my day!!! :yay:

Disney posted that travelers subject to quarantine "may not enter Walt Disney World Resort". Oddly, I can't find that post today now, but found a screenshot on another site.
Screen-Shot-2020-06-06-at-5.49.15-PM.png

I stumbled across that page the other day. Couldn't find it again until today. It is located here: This is the page that has the statement on it: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

According to my conversation with Member Services earlier today, Tri-State residents will not be allowed to check into the DVC resorts while the executive order is active. No idea of when it will end at this point. I currently have a reservation starting June 29th and DVC sent an email asking me to confirm the reservation, modify it or cancel it within 6 days.

I stumbled across that page the other day. Couldn't find it again until today. It is located here: This is the page that has the statement on it: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

According to my conversation with Member Services earlier today, Tri-State residents will not be allowed to check into the DVC resorts while the executive order is active. No idea of when it will end at this point. I currently have a reservation starting June 29th and DVC sent an email asking me to confirm the reservation, modify it or cancel it within 6 days.

I read another report in which a CM said it was up to the guest to determine what it meant.

So, I think we have to wait and see as it gets closer and if someone from one of those tries to check in to VB or WDW

Gov Desantis has just extended the Executive order and it will now expire July 7th

@Sandisw

Oh no...I am not going to read that yet...I am not...I am going to still hope that maybe something happens in the next few weeks..

Ugg..

ETA. Can you point me to today’s announcement?

Oh no...I am not going to read that yet...I am not...I am going to still hope that maybe something happens in the next few weeks..

Ugg..

ETA. Can you point me to today’s announcement?

Section 3

https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/
Now I dont know if it was always set to expire on july 7th or if it has been extended. It was filed June 3rd and looks to be 30 days from June 3

Here check this tweet out also. It looks like the State of Emergency for ALL of Florida ends July 7th and this will end with it.

Section 3

https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/
Now I dont know if it was always set to expire on july 7th or if it has been extended. It was filed June 3rd and looks to be 30 days from June 3

Here check this tweet out also. It looks like the State of Emergency for ALL of Florida ends July 7th and this will end with it.

This has always been this way and same as last week. The rumor is that when things move into Phase 3, it will be ended early like they did for Louisiana in this order,

So, I am not going to worry yet!

This has always been this way and same as last week. The rumor is that when things move into Phase 3, it will be ended early like they did for Louisiana in this order,

So, I am not going to worry yet!
Yeah.

I think by opening day Florida will most likely be in Phase 3 for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter