• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Does Selling on Ebay Work WIth Paypal

twinsmommy06

Mouseketeer
I have come back to selling after years and I am not familiar with how the new policies are. I know pay pal holds money but how does it work for new sellers and when do they release you your money? How long does pay pal hold it for? I am scared about how I get access to it asap with all the horror stories I hear. THanks.

I forget exactly how long they held my money when I started last year in August but I think it was 2 weeks.

I wanted to build up the paypal account anyways so I wasn't going to pull the money out right away so it didn't bother me. For me it was a small amount since I'm not selling anything major.

I set up my account so ebay fees pull out of that so I need to have some funds in it when I'm selling on ebay.

When I first started I could only sell 10 items a month until I had a seller feedback of 25. Then it raised to 50 items a month. It took me 4 months to sell the 25 items.

My mom just recently started selling on eBay and PayPal has been holding her money for weeks! I think she's being selling for almost 3 months. Hopefully, they'll stop holding the money for so long soon!

thank you. I have 1 positive only from buying. My fear is that they will not release the funds after 2-3 weeks because I DO need this money. I just don't want money deposited into it and then they limit it and freeze it and I can't have access to the funds after the period they say.

If you have a new account, funds will be on hold by paypal and you get it after confirmation of package is delivered to the buyer, usually a couple days after.

After you have a track record of selling, then that is lifted and you get your funds immediately unless someone pays by echeck and you wait unit it clears before you ship the item to the buyer.

I've never had Paypal hold my money and I started selling in January. I guess I'm lucky?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter