• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How does ordering ahead on-line for BOG work for QS (lunch)?

Alice777

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ordered ahead (like 3 weeks ahead) on-line for BOG for lunch?

We were playing around with it but didn't finalize it.

We weren't sure how substitution works.

For example, if we want Sandwich, french onion soup (instead of dessert), and bottle of water (instead of soda), at the end will it calculate automatically as one QS meal?

And as I've asked before on other thread, if BOG has larger soda cup, how do we request that online if we were to get soda.

Thank you

When you arrive at BOG you will be directed to the preorder line. You will then pay for your meal at the register and the appropriate dining credits will be used. Unless something has changed, you will not be able to get an appetizer as part of a QS meal but you will be able to pay for it out of pocket. The water would be counted as you beverage.

Thank you. Will there be "physical" person at pre-order line to ask to make sure potato soup and french onion soup are switchable "snack options"?

And QS credits will be taken out when we physically swipe our Magic Band not before hand when we order on-line?

We did the preorder a year ago and when we got to the restaurant they didn't have our orders (they had the other 6 people in our group, but not our immediate family of 4). I started to panic, but it was no issue at all and we just ordered as we checked in.

We haven't been yet, and I am sure some experienced people will chime in... But exactly what you said is true from numerous threads I have seen here (and what I plan to do). You can swap your dessert for soup. There were problems 6+ months ago, but it seems to be consistently working now (again from what I have read)!

We did the preorder a year ago and when we got to the restaurant they didn't have our orders (they had the other 6 people in our group, but not our immediate family of 4). I started to panic, but it was no issue at all and we just ordered as we checked in.
We went a few weeks ago and our pre order wasn't there. Not a big deal as we were there at the first batch for lunch. But it's pretty annoying.

Soup is in the dessert list so you can order it as your dessert credit.

We pre ordered before our trips last August and again over Thanksgiving. Both times, my oldest wanted to substitute her dessert for a soup. When we checked in at the pre order register, they switched out the dessert that I had chosen previously with her soup with no issues at all. It was a quick and easy process.

Thank you everyone.
French Onion and Potato soups are listed 3 times on the menu so it was confusing.
I don't know if it makes difference but I guess if we want to substitute dessert for soup, we'll pick the soup listed in dessert section, not under entrees and soup sections.

When is the cut off time for pre-ordering? We have an ADR but I want to be able to change the pre-order in case one or more of our party decides to eat somewhere else at the last minute.

I was wondering if there is a way you can get just a sandwich with no sides like you can at other QS's. I'd be paying OOP. Anyone have any experience with this?

When is the cut off time for pre-ordering? We have an ADR but I want to be able to change the pre-order in case one or more of our party decides to eat somewhere else at the last minute.
From what I understand you can pre-order up until the time you check in for your ADR.

I highly recommend pre ordering. Those who pre order are usually ushered right into the restaurant. Those who need to place orders often have to wait outside for a while.

Can you substitute the drink for soup, then have a main and a dessert on the qdsp? I want to preorder but am wondering if it is allowed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter