How does one swing a room on the 14th Floor of the Contemporary?

chasgoose

DIS Veteran
Ok so I am really enjoying making pretend bookings until the 2008 packages come out but something has been confusing me. No matter what dates I try (I punched in some of the least crowded days according to this site) I cannot manage to book a standard room on the 14th floor Tower Concierge level of the Contemporary. The best I have been able to do is get a Bayview 1 Bedroom Suite. Nothing on the MK side. Are they still refurbishing the Tower Level because it seems extremely odd that there are NO rooms available ever. I mean I know there aren't that many rooms, but I have been able to find plenty of availability on equally rare room types at the Grand Floridian/Poly etc. that cost about the same and absolutely nothing at the Contemporary. Even when I called to see about when they were going to release the 2008 packages and asked about availability for my dates they had only Bayview suites on the Tower floor.

The 14th Floor rooms are not available for booking through Disney's online reservation system. You have to call CRO if are interested in one of those rooms. There are only 5 standard rooms on that floor, so they can be hard to get.

The 14th Floor rooms are not available for booking through Disney's online reservation system. You have to call CRO if are interested in one of those rooms. There are only 5 standard rooms on that floor, so they can be hard to get.

Actually, there are 3, 2 on the MK side and 1 on the bay side. The rest are suites. You must call. Don't be suprised if your operator doesn't know anything about the 14th floor.

Good luck. They are wonderful. We spent a whole week there a couple of years ago.

I think there are 3 with 2 queen beds and 2 with a king, based on this floor plan:
http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/Resorts/dlx/Contemp/14thfloorplan.jpg

For what it's worth, I reserved the 14th floor back in January for my August trip. I had asked for a concierge room at a AAA rate (thinking I'd get Atrium Club). Well Atrium Club was sold out, but she did have a Tower Club (14th Floor) available with the AAA rate (making it cheaper than a rack rate 12th floor room). I jumped at the chance to stay up there again (my family was upgraded to a 14th floor suite when I was in high school, and we loved it). I can't wait to go back :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter